Monday, March 06, 2006

Mr. Mom

After work Ian suggested we go to TGI Fridays for dinner. Sounded good to me. So we got Liam fed and drove over to Fridays. I got a chicken dish and while I was cutting into my chicken I found a nicely placed black hair. Gross. So I sent the food back and by the time my new dish came out, Ian was finished eating his jalapeno fajitas. He held Liam and entertained him while I ate... I appreciate any meal that I don't have to eat one handed.

We then hit the grocery store on the way home to get some slow cooker bags so we have less clean up each day as we only have one crock pot... and while we were there we got Liam some soft teething rings to chew on as Ian was worried that all those hard plastic toys were ruining his gums.

Then we get home and I get a phone call. It was Liam's bedtime so he started talking up a storm and I couldn't hear the person on the other end of the phone, so I went in another room to continue my conversation (as cute at Liam's chatter was). A couple minutes later, I came out from closed doors when I heard Ian had taken Liam upstairs apparently since he was so loud. But no, he hurried back down with Liam on his shoulder, all changed and in his PJ's and made a b-line for the oven removing a sheet of cookies. Now if that isn't a picture of a Mr. Mom, I don't know what is! What a sweet husband!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hurray for Ian, could he give Trent some pointers?

Gina said...

ha ha