Tuesday, June 02, 2009

3 years, 7 months

Dear Son,

A month and a week slipped by since my last letter to you. I apologize. I've had a difficult time staying calm lately. I tend to react badly to your misbehavior and find myself an unfit example of how to be when one doesn't get their way. Yep, your mom has needed an attitude adjustment. I said it.

You really are an exceptional kid, Liam. Yeah, the boundary pushing and stubbornness are fit for the course, but your ability to entertain yourself and continue your independence in other big ways are not.

You amaze me with your abilities. You are so creative, bright, nimble, tough, tender, aware and witty!

~Your coloring in the lines, drawings and perler bead projects impress me so much!

~You are pumping yourself on the swing now!

~You jump off of things that are too high and stay unbroken.

~You run so fast that nobody can see you!

~You give hugs and kisses to wake me on the weekends and always before saying good-night!

~You may accidentally bump or hurt me or someone else and immediately say "oh sorry" to make it okay.

~You've come up with some inside jokes to bring up when you see I am sad or frustrated. I love that you remember my goofy moments and try to help me get back to that place.

~You sing "Jesus Loves Me" and "The Wise Man" and a new one that I love "The Family is of God (the first verse)."

~You let us sleep in on the weekends if needs be. You are so good to watch a movie (as you eat dry cereal and milk in a sippy cup) or play with your toys quietly.

It was so sweet on Sunday morning you came in around 6:30am, crawled in with me and then slept with us until we all woke up at 8:30am! It felt so nice to sleep that long and to have you, Daddy and Purr Bug all keeping me warm and comfy.

On Friday we took you to see the movie Up and you loved it. You've been to the movie theater twice before with your dad (Kung Fu Panda and Monsters vs. Aliens) so not 5 minutes into the show you looked over to him and asked where your popcorn was. He quickly went and came back with loads of treats for you to enjoy. Popcorn, slurpy and licorice! Watching you pig out and intently watch and laugh at the movie was pure delight for me. You were so cute in that big seat enjoying a good flick the right way.

I hope you know I love you so much. You are so good to me so much of the time. I hope I can watch myself better and be a more calm mom for you starting now. I will pray extra hard for it and not so casually. You were sent to us so we could help you become what Heavenly Father wants you to be (as the song says). I need to keep that at the forefront of my mind. Keep loving me and forgiving me like you do. I am grateful to you for your merciful ways. You've already found ways to emulate Christ in that respect and many more.

Love you always,
Mom

5 comments:

sumthinghappened said...

"You run so fast no nobody can see you." -that's so cute! Your such a darling mom, Gina.

Clare said...

very sweet post, i love the movie story:)

Melynie said...

He is going to cherish these letters! What a cute mom you are.

Anissa said...

I'm glad that you were able to find some peace this month and get back on track. I love when you have those personal moments that help you have a more eternal view on things and help you keep moving forward. Very sweet letter!

Heidi said...

Good letter. I can't believe he sits througha movie at the movie theater, Sierra would be all over the place, but I've never tried it.