I have been wanting to join the bandwagon and do this list, but never thought I could actually do it. In honor of my 100th post today, I give you 100 things about me:
1. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
2. My parents got baptized into this church 6 weeks before I was born.
3. I got baptized at age 8 after going through the discussions with the missionaries.
4. I loved going to church as a child... Primary is still fun as an adult.
5. I went to girls camp every summer from the ages 12-18.
6. It was the funnest way to camp each summer. (I still have friends from those programs.)
7. At age 12, my first job was as a babysitter on Friday nights for quite a few families (for all of my teenage years).
8. At age 15, my second job was operating rides at an Amusement Park.
9. At age 16, my third job was as a hostess at a sit down pizza place.
10. At age 17, my fourth job was at a nursing home making beds, passing out ice and water and assisting the physical therapists.
11. At age 19, my fifth job was as a CNA and I loved it even more than being a "helping hand" above.
12. At age 21, sadly my sixth job was in a call center.
13. I actually made more money doing that than caring for the elderly and rehabilitating.
14. My 7th job is where I am now... pushing papers and updating databases (and making good $ doing it).
15. My 8th and FAVORITE job is being Liam's Mother.
16. I love being a mom.
17. Our current plan is to only have one child.
18. It was originally four.
19. I am sad and happy about that.
20. I think someday we might be able to have one more (if I don't have to work outside the home).
21. We have two Bengal leopard cats living with us.
22. The younger Bengal is a pest in my life.
23. I love them both, but I really love Liam the best and it's very evident.
24. Ian is a single parent of two Bengals (and I support him in that stewardship).
25. Shortly after Liam's birth, we started letting them roam free outdoors to avoid incessant meowing.
26. Yes, we have two very expensive cats roaming the neighborhood.
27. I am not worried about this.
28. I am worried, however, about the outdoor dander they bring into the house while we are raising a small boy (and I don't have much time to clean).
29. Cat hair on a baby's hands (or anywhere else on him) grosses me out.
30. For this purpose I no longer pick up my cats for risk of getting hair on me to transfer to Liam.
31. My hair grosses me out too (when I find it anywhere but on my head).
32. I wear a pony tail on a regular basis.
33. It's not my style, but it's the only style that I can manage right now.
34. It's important to me to have earrings on every day of my life (and my wedding ring).
35. I think earrings are a feminine touch that I need each day. (They were pierced when I was 9 months old.)
36. I take my wedding ring and earrings off each night before sleeping.
37. I rarely leave my house without wearing some sort of makeup.
38. I feel no need to scare young children and innocent by standers.
39. On certain Saturdays I will run errands without make up to give my face a rest.
40. I love Saturdays with Ian.
41. I love spending time doing nothing with him.
42. We LOVE watching Friends and Seinfeld reruns (and SNL) together.
43. We actually own the Friends Trivia Game.
44. We quote SNL quite often. (Yeah, and Friends.)
45. Ian can make me laugh so hard!
46. He is crazy, spooky smart and witty.
47. I recently found out that Ian doesn't know the "back up" lines to most songs and he was impressed that I do... do doo doo do, dip dip dip, duwop, duwop, shamma lama ding dong.
48. That made him laugh and it made me laugh even harder. I can rarely impress him like that. And it was funny he thought that was impressive.
49. I have a really talented hubby.
50. I supervised him remodel basically our whole house (his first time with most of those projects, teaching himself as he went).
51. I wish he would go back to college cuz he can Ace any subject without even studying.
52. I hated school.
53. I am a big procrastinator when it comes to assignments of any sort.
54. I hate chores, but find them necessary. (They aren't assignments, so I can do them in a timely manner.)
55. My favorite chore is vacuuming.
56. I've wanted a Dyson since they came out and I finally got one!
57. Some day I want a Bose stereo.
58. I love music, but I am not well cultured in it so I can't "name that song" too well. Thank goodness for iTunes so I can buy the music I REALLY want and make my own CDs.
59. I don't believe in Soul Mates, but I do think most couples can make their relationship work long term and keep the spark alive with help from above.
60. I was born a white blonde and with no artificial help, I am now a dishwater blonde.
61. Yes, I can be a ditz. Ask my hubby.
62. I nursed Liam for 20 months. I pumped once a day for 11 of those months (on maternity leave and then when I had to go back to work).
63. I'm pretty impressed with this fact.
64. I've missed it since I finally weaned him. Mainly because of it's convenience.
65. I would never get "work done" to look like a breastfeeding mother again.
66. I have many FABULOUS friends.
67. One of them is my sister (my only sibling).
68. Now you can see why I am torn about having another child (Heidi was my first friend).
69. I'm naturally slim (not in shape, just flab surrounding bones). I'd like to get into shape again soon though.
70. It took me about 8 months to get back to my pre-Liam weight.
71. I find it odd that one can weigh what they did before, but look nothing like what they did before.
72. I am still working on getting the pre-baby jeans to fit so they don't look painted on.
73. I love spicy food. (and anything with cheese on it, in it, or around it)
74. My son will go to a good college whether he likes it or not.
75. I was an average student on paper, but really was a below average student all around.
76. I lied about doing my homework and studying in high school.
77. I won't let Liam get away with that.
78. I will help him study and keep him on track.
79. We will fully expect good grades from him.
80. I know he will be athletic, so this will be easy leverage.
81. I plan on being a mean mom.
82. Mean as in, consistent in our parenting... no loop holes for us to fall into later. (HA-good luck with that)
83. I feel like this plan has already failed when Liam doesn't sleep well. Because it is the parents that let a schedule get out of whack. (OR the ridiculous cat that wakes the baby. See #25.)
84. I give people the benefit of the doubt most of the time.
85. Ian doesn't really like this about me.
86. Water is my beverage of choice 99.9% of the time.
87. I will drink soda with pizza or buttered popcorn, but a very small amount. (Something's gotta help the grease go down. Am I right?)
88. I dream in color, usually remember my dreams, and always contact people who visit my dreams that I haven't seen in a long time. For some reason I think it's a sign that I need to contact them. And once in a while it ends up being important that I did.
89. I love it when friends or neighbors drop by to say hello.
90. I love to drop in on friends too.
91. I believe letter writing is a lost art.
92. I used to be a master letter writer from age 12 on until I got married (22).
93. I wrote to three guy friends their entire missions (2 years) and didn't marry one of them.
94. I can't live without AcneFree, BareMinerals, microfiber cleaning cloths, liquid soap, paper towels, my wondertees, one pair of good jeans, chocolate and a spare pacifier for Liam.
95. I don't like reading books or seeing movies more than once. (Except for a handful of movies, and one special book.)
96. I hate not knowing what time it is.
97. I have a poor sense of direction, aside from up and down.
98. I have no artistic or musical ability (except that I can remember songs from when I was small and I sing them to Liam).
99. I talk too fast and interrupt too much. (I have been trying to work on improving this annoying attribute for a couple years.)
100. I never thought I could finish this... and surprisingly I could keep going.
I hope those of you past the 100 mark will do this list anyway. It's so fun to read these meme's. And those of you not yet or even close to the 100 mark... start drafting it for later... it takes time to do and you'll keep thinking of things and be glad you hadn't posted it yet.