Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Liam is 23 months!

Dear Son,

What a month! It flew faster than the past two combined.

You are soaring with your speech the past few weeks! It's such a cool thing to watch each day. I love that you repeat, repeat, repeat. You attempt words and succeed. You've been saying airplane when you hear one in the sky, you continue to say bless you each time we sneeze, you say a few shapes such as circle, square and star, you say bath as we walk by the bathroom, you say potty when you see the toilet, you say dah-ee constantly because you always want Daddy's attention (even when he isn't home), you say dance whenever you hear a good beat (and then bob your cute head), you beg for the binky, the blanky, the nilk, pretzel, cracker and going outside. We crack up every time Daddy says, "Holler" and you echo, "Hollah." Tonight you said Uncle Drew and boy was he happy to finally hear that! The Grandmas like hearing your, "Hi Grar" too! We are still working on clear versions of your elephant, alligator and helicopter... your attempts are hilarious though!

You are a brute with your rough-housing! You are big on body slamming Daddy, jumping off the couch, falling straight on your belly from an elevated surface, kid, you'll do just about anything physically harmful to get a rise out of your audience - a true boy through and through! We are proud that you have a high pain tolerance, but we worry about some of your tricks too.

You are very meticulous! You inspect your toe jam to no end. This quirk has become more evident in the past month or so. We are grossed out by it, but laugh at you anyway. The intense look on your face as you inspect, well, it's one of a kind. I have yet to get it on camera, but I do have one photo of your mitts full of toes (as I caught you in the act in the car last month).



You are a brilliant little boy, Liam! We just love your jokes and jibber jabber. You have been known to elbow whomever is nearby as you jabber a little phrase and then start laughing like you were bringing up an old inside joke! Smart people have the best sense of humor, that is what I say. Daddy is brilliant and he's one of the funniest people I know! It's so rewarding for both of us to see ourselves in you. You are a treasure in our home. We can't get enough of you, even through the tantrums, we are grateful to be your team of parental units. It's a sweet thing to share a roof with you, my darling boy!

Love you always,

Mom

10 comments:

Katie said...

I miss Liam and want to come to hear him speak!

utmommy said...

What a handsome boy you've got there!

Yvonne said...

Gina: I love that you have this WONDERFUL record of all that he is doing.

He is such a sweetie.

jolibe said...

It is truly amazing how fast they grow up - right before our eyes! Boys just have a special way of capturing their mommy's heart.

Suzanne said...

I wish I'd written stuff like this down when my kids are little because it's really hard to remember now.

How precious with the jibber jabber! Oh and I'm starting to wonder if all boys come with the rough-housing gene already intact! LOL!

Thanks for sharing with us! :)

Jamie said...

He is doing so well! That's wonderful!

Ashley said...

He is ADORABLE. It must be so entertaining to have a little boy. I guess I will always wonder...it is fun to watch yours.

www.stepherz.com said...

So cute! I can't believe he's almost 2. That's amazing. I think he was about Noah's age when I started reading here.

The toe jam is toooo funny. He's such a boy!

Mom2fur said...

Liam is a handsome little guy! He has a nice mommy. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you liked my lunch tote!

Heidi said...

funky fresh! That's hilarious! I got Sierra to repeat "Peter Piper picked a pale of purple posies." It sounded more like "Pee Pie Pick Pahl urple oh-ee." It was funny. I'll try to get it on video.