Thursday, December 27, 2007

2 years, 2 months!

Dear Son,

I am two days late writing your monthly birthday letter. I don't think I've been caught out of town on one of your birthdays before. So here I am at your grandparents' house in Indiana writing this.

I have been so anxious all of December about traveling with you as a two year old. We were fortunate to have Daddy with us on our way here. I had prayed that you would be especially obedient as we traveled. I also prayed that we would be patient and especially understanding parents on this trip. My prayers were answered more fully than I ever could have imagined! I felt such releif after a long Christmas Eve in the sky with you. You were easily entertained, listened to us and the most important request I had of Heavenly Father is that we never lose sight of you... you were always safe and in our sight all day long. What a blessing!



It was neat, on our last leg of the trip, the pilots met you as we boarded the plane. They wanted to show you the cockpit and let you wear the pilot hat. You were intent on pushing all the buttons and climbing up the side window. Despite the added perspiration for me, I was delighted you got to explore and make a couple pilots smile on Christmas Eve.




Christmas day was so much fun for you! You opened all your gifts, played with your cousin Sierra and you even got to go swimming after nap time! We had a great holiday!




You are saying more and more 3 word phrases. The most reoccurring are "I did at" and "don't do dat" and "no, no, no" (as you correct your meaning when we obviously don't get it).

I have to report that your interest in coloring and drawing has only increased this last month! You are crazy about coloring with markers only. Crayons are for the birds. You concentrate for long periods of time when you are at the table drafting up your artwork. Your favorite gift this year was the aqua doodle (second to your guns). You can't get enough of it. You like us to draw something for you to color in. Sometimes you'll add limbs to the smiley face we draw and sometimes you'll just make lines and circles on your own. It really is something to see you at work! Well done, my little Picasso!

I continue to adore your darling face and sweet demeanor. You have had more of an attitude lately, but you still try to do your best in being obedient. I received many compliments on our trip relating to how handsome you are, how smart you are and how funny you can be. It was fun to introduce you and reintroduce you to so many friends and family. Most everyone seemed taken by your charm. It's sweet to see how appreciated you are by others. I already feel honored and blessed to be your mother, but it's taken to a new level when others see what I witness daily.

I love you, son. Thanks for being the great little man that you are!

Love,
Mom

11 comments:

jolibe said...

I so love reading your birthday letters to Liam! You are one awesome Mama!

Yvonne said...

Such a sweet letter. He will enjoy these so much when he's older--and so will you.

Love the picture with the pilot's cap. How fun for him to be able to go in the cockpit--didn't know they let them do that anymore.

(Gotta ask--did you go to a Waffle House???")

D said...

yay!
I'm glad you had such easy flights there! Liam is so well behaved! Kaden had a hard time on one of our flights out but did pretty well on both of the flights back. He had a cold (which he proceeded to give to all of his relatives- but what could we do? ) but we think that his ears were hurting and that's why he had such a hard time on the flight out.

I think I've missed the last two months of letters to Kaden and I don't have any good excuses... You are an amazingly dedicated momma!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good trip and Liam traveled well. We will be flying with Little Dude for the first time later this year. I may email you for tips when we get closer...

Happy new year!

Terry said...

Congratulations on a successful plane trip. That is awesome that the pilots invited you to the cockpit. I didn't think they did stuff like that anymore. :) Liam is an awesome little boy. I hope I get to meet him sometime too. You're such a great mom, Gina. Liam is lucky to have you too.

Angel Baby said...

You know, it seems like every time I check in you guys are visiting with family, hanging out with cousins, traveling somewhere... how truly nice. Annabelle does not yet have a single cousin, so, we still have some things to look forward to, I suppose!

I was also surprised to see photos of you guys in the pool - in December! Crazy!

Love you! So glad your Christmas was wonderful...

Anissa said...

Beautiful letter. Thanks for sharing all those precious thoughts, prayers, and moments. You are an amazing Mom!

Kari said...

So cute! He is a little charmer. I like reading your letters too, that is a good idea. I'm not sure if I'll do it for Jayci, but I might after reading yours.

Anonymous said...

I love these b-day letters. Happy New Years to you and your family.

Daisy said...

Liam is getting to big. That picture of him in the pool by himself makes him look so big. He is so cute and I always adore your letters to him.

Shannon said...

Prayer works! I hope your trip was so fun and you had a great Christmas. Too bad we were in UT and you were in our neck of the woods. Love the letter, as always!