Sunday, April 26, 2009

3 years, 6 months

Dear Son,

You are a three and a half year old! You keep asking me when your birthday is and how old you are going to be. I reply by telling you your fourth birthday is in 6 months. You have all kinds of variations with how you repeat that bit of information. The excitement is the same.

You are excited to be big and go to school and I am excited for the three year old stage to be over. I have heard belligerence is worse at three than at two. I didn't really believe it, but this past month I really do. I won't say more than that.


We had a good day today! We played with your friend Joslyn, went to the library, went to visit another friend with a cool train set, explored your new found artistic outlet: perler beads, we made muffins, took some to a neighbor, raced home (I let you win) and went shopping (I would pick out clothing, pretend I was wearing each item, do a dance for you then ask your opinion). You agreeably took a bath when we got home and went to bed with a V8 Fusion smile on your face.



You are such an energetic kid! You are constantly talking to everyone that will give you the time of day. And if they don't... you try harder. You voice your opinion on everything. I was embarrassed a couple weeks ago at the DWS office when you corrected a lady on the pronunciation of your name because she repeated it back to you with a Latin accent. I was blushing again today when you told our friend she was too big to fit in our car. I am trying to take it all with a grain of salt and remember you're still learning tact. Then there is the tattle-telling on playmates, telling me every other word I say is a bad one, saying your sorry with the meanest voice ever, etc. You surprise me in good and bad ways with your observations. Some make me laugh so much and others make me want to find some duct tape.

All that aside, I am amazed at your vocabulary this past month. You are using words like "carefully" and "dangerous." It's just another testament that you are growing up. It really is a great thing to witness! You are a lot of fun despite your lack of energy channeling skills.

I hope you know how much I adore you and fawn over you. Not just when you are asleep either. You are one of a kind. The mold was certainly broken for your creation. I am learning much from you. Mainly about patience and channeling my own kind of energy.

You are the best, kid! I love you to the moon and back (even though you only love me to the stove). ;)

Love you always,
Mom

3 comments:

Anissa said...

What a fun month, for both of you. I love how you spin the tough times into positive in your letters. Makes me smile cause I know the stories behind those tough times. :)
Cute pictures with the beads too. He's so gifted artistically.

Danell said...

Beautiful!

Suzanne said...

This is so cute! I love your letters.

My nine year old still hasn't learned tact. Hopefully you won't have to wait that long! LOL!