Friday, August 25, 2006

Happy 10 Month Birthday, Liam!

Dear Son,

You and I share a birthday today! I am 28 years and you are 10 months! I have to say we have both grown physically and mentally this past year. So much so that I think we can thank each other for that growth! Though challenging, it's been an honor being your caretaker thus far. You bring me a joy that I never thought possible. You laugh with me and cuddle me. You grin when I grin. You go where I go. What a sweet little shadow you are!

This past month you have learned a few new tricks. You crawl faster than the set speed limits in this house! I have to "pull you over" for warnings quite often. You know my tone when I say "no" or "Liam" in that inquiring way. You stop what you are doing, turn to me and smile so innocently! You crack me up! Thanks for listening most of the time, sweetheart.

This past week you have taken a record-breaking 5 steps in a row! You seem so pleased with yourself each time you try to walk to me or your daddy. It makes us laugh each time your little arms reach for the ceiling and you take off! Simple pleasures, kid, I tell you what...

A couple days ago you learned how to scoot backwards and drag pillows, blankets or anything else that is large and light enough for you to drag. You learned 4 weeks ago how to pivot in circles so you can get a full 360ยบ view as you sit on any surface. You like to climb into things such as the shower and your little wading pool that we keep in the spare room. You like to pull things down from shelves your height. You LOVE to pull laundry from the dryer and from the hamper. You bounce when you stand at the side of your crib. You've become MUCH more verbal and it's just SO cute to hear! I especially love it when you make serious faces as you babble as if you are telling us something noteworthy (which I am sure you are). We are listening, doll, we are. We just don't understand you yet. On the other hand, I think you are understanding our language fairly well.

It's a great privelage to share a birthday with you this year. You're smiling face is the greatest gift today.

Love,
Mom

Update: I am featured on Dame Eyola's blog today! Yippee!

21 comments:

Preds Girl said...

Happy 10 months!! What a cutie- both of ya!

Angel Baby said...

Ten months is the best- Annabelle was just starting to be really really fun. The best is definitely yet to come... hang in there!

utmommy said...

Happy 28th to you, and 10 months to Liam!!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Happy birthdays Liam and Gina!

I got sad reading this because they learn so much at this age, and it goes by soooo fast... waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! I want my babies back!

Have a terrific day!

Ashley said...

happy birthday to both of you guys!!

Robin said...

Happy Birthdays to you two! Liam is so handsome and I can't wait to pick up that solid hunk of babiness. I hope your day is really great, sorry I didn't send something for you to get in the mail today, it has been on my mind since last week and I just haven't found the right thing yet!

D said...

Happy B-day to both of you!!!! I love the way that you chronicle Liam's happenings on his b-days- I copied you for Kaden's 6-month b-day :) You are awesome I hope you have a great day and a great weekend!

kirida said...

Happy happy birthday!!! He's got great eyes just like his mommy!

Tori :) said...

Happy Birthday Gina!! Hope it was great!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 10 months!!! Whoo hoo!

Great tribute. I love how our kids are so close in age.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and happy birthday! Now how did I miss that?

p.s. We're just a year apart too.

beth said...

Happy birthday! That Liam is such a cutie. Dragging things certainly does sound like fun.

Glass Half Full said...

What beautiful eyes!! So precious...

Mall Worker said...

Happy 10 month Birthday Liam and Happy Birthday Gina!! I hope you guys both had a great day!

Blackeyedsue said...

Happy Birthday Gina! Wahoo! I hope you do something fun to celebrate. Give that cute kid a hug from me!

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I saw you in Beth's comments and just knew I had to click. People who agree with me are well worth the time!!

What a cutie!!! And happy birthday to both of you! Our boys look a bit alike, but oh MY, what stunning eyes Liam has!!

Nice to (virtually) meet you.

Nettie said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! (And I'm sure that that is the noteable thing Liam is saying today: "Happy Birthday, Mom!")

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Liam and Gina! Can't wait to see you!

Preds Girl said...

What'd you do for your 28th b-day???

Kim's Life said...

Wow Liam your 10 months old already. What a wonderful joyous little man you have become already. Pss Just between you and I. I think your mummy is a great mummy.

Juliet said...

Happy belated birthday to you, and happy 10 month birthday to Liam. SOrry I missed it.