Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Happy 15 Month Birthday, Liam!

Dear Son,

It seems most of your fifteenth month was spent with a runny nose. Despite your cold and labored coughing, you've continued to be a delightful boy!

Your dad and mom took shifts staying home with you yesterday. I think you really enjoyed spending the extra time with your parents, especially your dad. He really knows how to entertain you and teach you funny skills. I came home to see you two giving each other high fives! He also taught you how to jump! It's so cute how you mimic jumping... it's like a tip-toed skip and each time you "jump" you try saying the word in a high pitched way that we did.

Tonight you said bye-bye for the first time! On Sunday you said kitty ("tiddy")! You continue to say mom, ma, mama, da, dad, dadad at random times. Your consonants are more clear these past few weeks. Talking isn't too far off. We are excited to hear what you have to say!

You are climbing everything! This morning you finally figured out that you can move objects to assist you in climbing. You moved the wicker chair over to the couch! Somehow you can get onto the wicker chair alone, but not the couch quite yet. So this breakthrough for you was groundbreaking in your opinion. It was very funny to watch those sneaky eyes as you pushed that chair over to make your bridge!

You cut your 5th tooth just after Christmas. You've been doing this fake grin lately to show your teeth off. I found out tonight that your dad taught you this funny face!

You are our own comedian! We enjoy your clapping, dancing, jumping and spitting skills! You laugh at your own jokes. Those jokes are mainly your above mentioned skills and our happy reactions to those skills. We applaud most every move you make! You are a very obedient boy! We are enjoying this phase of your life!

I mentioned this in my last letter, but when you fold your arms for prayers, it melts our hearts each and every time! I really feel a surge of pride when you show that sign of reverence even though you don't fully understand what you are doing. Yes, you are a copy cat, but you seem to copy good things for the time being.

We were playing with you on our bed the other night. As each of us spotted your every darting move, I thought, "How did we get here? How is it that we made such a perfect little boy? I've got a blond baby boy running around and he looks a lot like us! Did we actually make this life-altering decision? What a sweet family we've got!" Then I snapped out of it and remembered how it all began and realized how easily you've molded us into parents. We are parents! We're raising a very mild and happy child! We are so very fortunate to have YOU... just you. I sometimes imagine us being sent a very different child and how we would have dealt with a totally different person growing in our midst. I am really grateful you are in our home. You make us better people. You've changed us as people, our marriage, our dealings with others. It's really quite the miracle -- YOU!

Liam, I love you more than I ever thought possible! You grow on me each and every moment! It's amazing my heart has room in the space provided me. It's also amazing that I am granted the strength every day to keep up with you. It's a good plan to start people small and immobile. I've grown with you, that is for sure. Mentally and physically. I have to admit your growth is much more beautiful than my own though. You are my marvel, my handsome perfect boy. You are mine to love, cuddle and mold. I am a very happy mama to have you!

It will always be an honor to be your mother. I will always be proud of you, even when you stumble, fail, lose faith, cry, leave my safe care... I will always be here for you, cheering for you, helping you along the way. I hope you'll always want and need that support from me. It's yours for the taking.

Love,
Mom

12 comments:

Robin said...

Isn't it amazing to watch our babies grow into people with skills, personalities, and quirks! What a surge of so many different emotions to imagine what they will be doing years from now.

Rachelle said...

Such a cute lil kid! He's younger than my son and does more than he does, at least in the physical area. it's amazing how fast they grow.

Katie said...

Awww, great letter, Gina. What a lucky kid Liam is to have these to look back on later in life.

Kristen said...

I love your letters to Liam. It will be so great for him to be able to look back on those someday. And you, too.

Juliet said...

Wow! 15 monthes already! I feel like I have been write there sharing these moments with you, even if it's only through the blog.

utmommy said...

Once again, you've written a beautiful letter to little Liam. I can't believe how fast they grow up.

I loved when my babies would fold their arms for prayer. It's so precious.

longdistancegrandma said...

Liam you are so lucky to have such a great mom. We raised her to bring you into this world. From the time she was two all she wanted was to be a mommy. She was our joy and now you are our delight.
Love,
Grandma Vinson

Nicole said...

I love to read these. I wish I had done them for my kids. Liam is SO lucky to have you as a mom.:)

Tori :) said...

He's definitely a cutie!

Klin said...

I love reading what's in your heart. Liam is a very lucky sweetie pie. It also sounds like you are a very lucky mom. I love the pictures, too. Thank you for sharing your little man with me. I enjoy it.

Kim's Life said...

Oh Gina. Im so sad today because my baby is starting his first day of school. I have been crying all morning. Your a great mum. Liam is so loved.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Wow...
that is sooo very touching!!!!!!!!!!