Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Snot and Stamps

What a combo!

I got out the rubber stamps for Liam last week as he was still recovering from his runny nose. You gotta love a resourceful child who wipes his nose on the right sleeve of his thermal. Lovely.



But isn't he so cute concentrating so hard on his color choices? Let me tell you, blue and red didn't cut it. Purple was his result on most of the impressions he made on those two pieces of paper. It certainly wouldn't make sense to only use one of the two ink pads at a time.

This art lesson gave me some insight as to what painting might be like. It will be awhile until I get this kit out again... and a longer while before we explore painting. I'd hate to stifle his creativity though. Maybe some Saturday we'll cover everything in newspaper and give it a go.

9 comments:

D said...

Painting seems like a good activity to start outside. At least that's what it seems like to me- just so much potential mess! At least until they are a little older and able to control it more. I'm stingy with the markers right now too- he can have crayons all he wants. Markers have to be supervised. But he's not even two yet- so that's not too uptight is it?

jolibe said...

You are a wise woman, Gina! I let my son try painting out right before his 2nd birthday. check it out

He wasn't in a great mood that day, so it was more challenging than I had expected. He wanted to paint everything instead of the paper! Um, yeah. We haven't brought out the paints since then!

Yvonne said...

Stamping is such a great activity for kids. He seems like such a creative little guy, and it's great that you give him so many opportunities to be creative.

www.stepherz.com said...

Those stamps look fun. I'm going to have to get some for Bella. She's a sticker princess but I know she'd really like stamps!

But you can keep the snot. I'm drowning in it over here!

Kate said...

I used to read this book when I was a little girl. It was called "The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew". One of my favorite books of all time. Anyway, the youngest member of the five is called 'Phronsie' and the book describes how she had a cute little blonde head. Whenever I see Liam concentrating, it reminds me of that description - the way the light reflects from his hair makes him look all angelic... :-)

Anonymous said...

I just let Little Dude begin coloring earlier this week. Since he has been not feeling the best, on and off, I thought it would be something different for him to try.

Now, as for the snot - I think all little boys do that? (And many little girls, from what I hear...)

Klin said...

PAINTING! PAINTING! PAINTING! Bring on the painting.

wendy said...

We love painting here and I keep the easle? out and stocked with water colors all the time. I dont' like gooey poster paints, though.

He looks so adorable focusing on his stamps!

Unknown said...

I love how the kids stamp everything but the paper!