Sunday, January 13, 2008

Random Things

Since the first of the month, at bed time, we've been reading books by the light of Liam's new lantern. That first night, Ian came in and started doing shadow puppets. The dog is amiably named "woof" by Liam. That dog nibbles on Liam's toes, give kisses and makes him giggle. We love having a pet dog that lives in the wall and only visits a few minutes before bed time.



Liam has a boot fascination. He has a pair of snow boots, as does Daddy and he loves to put them on and try to walk in them. We love how he can keep himself busy and make us laugh!



The other night, I was following Liam up the stairs patting him on the bum all the way.
I said, "Liam, you are so cute!"
He said, "Yeah! I cute!"
(I just wanted to hold him and squeeze his cuteness forever!)

Liam has been saying "dop et" a lot lately to both me and Ian. At the beginning of the week I had ignored it hoping he wasn't saying "stupid"... I mean, who taught my kid the word stupid?!? But I later figured out that he has been saying "stop it"... the very thing he hears from his mom quite often. I am glad he doesn't know the word stupid, but I've realized that I need to say less of a couple other words.

Liam has been helping me with the household chores:

He has been throwing his own diapers and other trash away since he was one, but he can open the door to the pantry himself this past year and that makes it nice because I don't have to get up to help him.

He feeds the cats. I hand him a scoop of food, he dumps it in their bowl and then puts the scoop back in the bin.

He vacuums! I give him the tube and he gets down on the floor and sucks up each and every crumb, piece of lint, dust, hair and whatnot. Cracks me up how thorough he is. He gets upset when it's Mom's turn. And even more upset when the vacuum gets put away.

He does laundry. I sort the whites and darks. He gets his stool and puts it up to the side of the washing machine. One by one he'll put each thing in. I let him do his thing while I go and do something else. He also helps me put things in the dryer with much satisfaction.

Oh and he puts the dish washing tablet in the dishwasher and starts it.

13 comments:

D said...

Such fun stories! Gotta love it! I need to try Kaden with the vaccuming- especially now that it is getting harder for me to bend down. :)

D said...

We have a hard time understanding Kaden's new words too. He also says dop et or just dop for stop. Today he said what sounded like More Bit for More bread and the other day he asked for mouse- which turned out to be matoes- for tomatoes. Eventually I figure it out. :)

Anonymous said...

You've given me hope that Little Dude will be a big help as he gets older! I was so proud of him tonight, as he helped me put all of his new blocks (he got them for his birthday) into the bag that came with them. It was a fun little game for him.

Yvonne said...

That's my kind of dog!!!

Such fun things to share, Gina. It's so cute that he wants to be so helpful.

Unknown said...

How fun with the shadow puppets.

I really hope that Liam will also continue to clean and not get sick of it...you are training him well sister.

www.stepherz.com said...

Gina, you are such a fantastic mother. I think Liam is such a lucky fellow to have you, as you are to have him. I love reading your post. They make my heart smile!

Liam is such a silly goose. He's a fun little man! I love the boots!

Anonymous said...

OK! The picture in the boots is SO cute and SOOOO funny. Love it. I'm laughing at you saying you need to say less of a few other words; HILARIOUS!!! But I know what you mean. lol

My little on likes to help with chores too. It's cute but Him and I doing laundry does NOT work. Every time I put an article in the dryer he likes to slam it closed so I have to keep opening it up. Drives me crazy, but it's cute at the same time. Lol

MK said...

I love it! Kids are so cute. It sounds like you got a good one on your hands, what a helper!

Terry said...

What a great helper! I love the classic kid in dad's shoes pic.

Jessica said...

I like hearing about what Liam is up to. He is so darn cute! I love that picture with the big boots on!!

Jamie said...

Sounds like Liam is doing pretty well! He's saying more and more things all the time.
We started doing shadows too, so fun!

Klin said...

"These are a few of my favorite things." I loved it when my kids would help me side by side. When a couple of them grew up they decided they didn't like to help me any more :( Good thing for my girls:)

Kate said...

OK, that boots picture makes me laugh EVERY SINGLE TIME I look at it... seems to me, I remember a time when Liam's Mom liked to try on other people's shoes... (red satin peep toe pumps anyone?)