Sunday, January 20, 2008

Liam talks to himself

Things I overhear:

"Blast off!" (from the living room - Little Einsteins)

"Oh Toodles!" (from the living room - Mickey Mouse Club House)

"Oh hot! I bow!" (from the eggs on the kitchen table - gotta blow on them to cool them off)

"One, phree, sik, seven, eight, nigh, ten!" (from the all over the house and in his car seat)

"Dah-ee, cuggle... peez? Dah-ee... cuggle!" (from the crib after putting him to bed - needing cuddles)

"Down kitty!" (from the kitchen - he gets the cats off the counter or table)

"No crying!" (from all over the house - telling our meowing cats to simmer)

And on Saturday, we were driving to PERC and Liam says, "Liam karp... Mommy karp!"
It took me a second to realize he was saying we both have scarves on. He loves that we both wear a scarf when we go out in the cold. That and we both put our "coke" on too.

Oh and one more thing! Driving along in the car, Liam says "M" as we pass by the big yellow M that is McDonald's. I was so proud. He doesn't do well with the alphabet and I was so so so impressed!

12 comments:

Ashley said...

How sweet, I just love this phase of a little ones life. They just say the cutest stuff.

Anonymous said...

How cute. You know our babes are a few months apart so they are both doing a lot of the same things.

I find myself frequently translating for the hubby and the kids.

We recently found out that "yat peas" Means hat please. "root nacks" is fruit snacks. I love the way he says that. "di di woom, game peas" Means he wants to go in his sister Kennedi's room and get her Nintendo DS and play with it." It's cute the way they talk and I think I'm going to miss it a little when he starts talking clearly.

D said...

That's so cute! Very impressive that he recognizes the M! Kaden just says french fries when he sees it. :)

Unknown said...

He's getting those numbers down good already..maybe he'll be a mathmatician.

Anonymous said...

My little sister knew that "M" well, too!

Gina - I have to laugh, as we both have so much in common. The more I read your blog, the more I realize your comment about being very alike is right.

Love Liam's language!

Gina said...

Funny, I don't think Liam has ever been to McDonald's. I am grateful he only sees a yellow M and that sign triggers nothing more.

Anissa said...

That "M" is quite impressive for a 2 year old. Especially when it's just being passed by in a car.

I LOVE all the different ways that kids say words when they are little. It's probably one of my favorite things about little kids. We are just barely starting out, but it's already priceless.

Preds Girl said...

So cute!!

Terry said...

So cute! I love how he takes care of those rascally kitties!

Yvonne said...

Isn't it fun to watch them grow. I think it's amazing all the things they pick up that we are not even aware they are grasping.

jolibe said...

Oh the things they say - I like the "no crying" one! He needs to come over to our house so he can tell my Liam "no crying" (we're going through one of those not-so-fun stages now).

Kate said...

Such a cute little one you have there - and so danged smart! Careful, I might come and steal him away for a day or two...