Saturday, January 12, 2008

First Professional Hair Cut

Last Friday (1/4/08), Liam got his first hair cut. We've cut it in the past, but it was due time that we get his hair done by a professional. He didn't want to sit in the barber chair by himself, so Daddy got set up to hold him. They both looked so cute with their drapes on.

Liam made funny faces as the stylist, Kimra, did her work with the trimmer and scissors. She gave him a mirror to hold so Ian could move it when Kimra needed Liam to move his head. She was impressed that he was sitting so still and cooperating so well. So were we, praising him all the while. She did her work extremely fast! (Ian was so impressed that he went back the next week to get his hair done there.)





I was tickled at how grown up Liam looked with his new cut. I took photos of him once we got in the car. He had a cold and is coughing, but it looks like he's posing for the camera like a little model! So funny!



9 comments:

D said...

He's would totally win a Zoolander Walk-off competition! I think I see him doing Blue Steel! Great faces and a great new do!

Klin said...

He's getting so big. What a cutie you have there, Gina.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you realize that last picture makes him look like he belongs in the movie "Home Alone," right? What a cutie!

The Hubby informed me that I don't get to go for the first haircut. It is a "father/son only" event.

I think I might cry, but I love that the Hubby tries to make "guys only" events, too, so I'll deal.

Robin said...

I thought of Zoolander too. What a handsome little man!

Unknown said...

good hair...thanks for not being one of those mom's that just have to let her little boy have long hair because she can't stand to cut it...he looks like a little man!

Michelle said...

So cute. I can't believe how big he is getting. Time goes too fast.

Anonymous said...

OK, I am CRACKING UP. Those pics are so adorable.

It really does look like he's performing for the camera. I can't stop laughing. Lol

Love the new haircut, he does look like such a big boy.

MK said...

Darling, love the hair!

Terry said...

Love the hair! He is a good boy. (Both of mine cried through their first haircuts. It was stressful).

I hadn't thought of it but, alice is right. Once I called a six or seven year old boy a she at the Chuckee Cheese. He had beautiful long curly hair that went to the middle of his back. He corrected me. At first I felt so bad that I called him a girl. Then I decided it was his parents fault for keeping his hair so long. Surely I wasn't the first one for making that mistake. Sorry, to ramble and get off topic.