Saturday, January 05, 2008

Christmas Report

Christmas Eve's Eve (Sunday) we went to church and felt the spirit of Christmas very strongly there. Liam got his own paper Nativity from nursery and was so excited to share it with us! After his nap, Uncle Drew and Uncle Blake came over for our Utah Christmas. We had ham, potatoes and sauteed green beans. Opening presents was a lot of fun. We were in awe of Liam's tower of gifts from his adoring Minnesota grandparents. We all got him stuff too, so he was sure busy opening everything. We soon found out that Grandma made each of us Christmas pajamas. We all smiled at each other with understanding and immediately went to go change so we could get a family pajama photo. (I'll have to upload the photo when Blake sends me the one he took on his camera that had a timer.) It was a moment of family cuteness for sure!

The boys all played guns for the longest time, then we decided Liam better get to bed because we'd have to get him up early the following day.

Christmas Eve we traveled to Indiana. We were informed shortly before we left that Christmas Eve is an ideal day to travel, we had no idea it would be as ideal as it really turned out to be. The airports were sparse with people and everyone seemed to be in high spirits. It was a great day as a family. A day of answered prayers, a Christmas miracle in and of itself. The day went smoothly with anxiety levels under control as we traveled in the skies towards Indiana. Liam was a very good boy, Ian was a very good boy and I was even under control. We didn't lose Liam, we didn't lose our heads, we didn't lose any luggage AND the car rental was a breeze! We made it to my parents' house before 9pm! Lucky because my very close friend, Amy and her family stopped by not 20 minutes after we arrived! I felt so blessed to be able to see them before they hit the road back to their home in Illinois.

Christmas Day we woke up and lazed around the house with my parents, my sister and Liam's cousin, Sierra. I don't think we opened presents until noon. It was great to take everything slow and have kids so young that they weren't nagging us to do things any earlier. It was just another day for them. They of course were the focus as the presents were being opened. They loved each toy that they wouldn't move on to the next present. We did quite a bit of unwrapping for them. They grew tired very quickly and took good naps while the rest of us continued to be lazy. My Aunt Tonya and cousin Jenelle drove down from Michigan to visit with us and eat a late afternoon Christmas feast. It was neat to talk to Jenelle about pregnancy and infancy as she is due with her first baby in February. She is the youngest cousin... always was my baby when we were kids, so it was special to spend time with her as a grown up. Later we went to their hotel to go swimming with the kids. They had a ball! I had remembered suits for me and Ian, but forgotten Liam's so he had just a diaper on. We were determined to keep him covered though that heavy diaper had other ideas. I've never seen one get that huge. We were laughing so hard at the sight each time he came out of the water.

Liam had a bath in his grandparents' whirlpool tub, played some more with Sierra and then they both went to bed.

I'll have to report the rest of the week later. Enjoy the Christmas montage

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice slideshow! Liam is such a happy boy.

I know how I melt whenever Little Dude smiles at me, I'm sure Liam does the same for you.

Merry Christmas!

Terry said...

That was an excellent montage! I love how it ended with your message and the painting of Mary and Baby Jesus!

You have such a great looking family. It also looks like you had a fabulous time.

Sadie said, "Mommy, its so cold outside," (as she folds her arms and holds them snug to her chest)..."Mommy, that's him tree...that ornaments for him tree."

Yvonne said...

What a wonderful way to have all of your Christmas memories together. Great job. So glad you had a great time. (Such wonderful pictures--thanks for sharing)

Anonymous said...

What a great report! I was worrying about you over the holidays and the upcoming plane ride. I'm so glad everyone was in good spirits.

Anissa said...

Well done Christmas video. I loved it! Made me want it to be Christmas again.
I have never seen that chicken Elmo. I'm gonna have to look for it now, it looked too cute.
And those PJ's were the best. So cute!