Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Caught again... (2 ways)

Shari had a funeral to go to today, so Liam went across the street to Rose's while I was at work. I walked him across the street and ran back to the house to load the car and get to work. I had forgotten to restock his bag with diapers. So I went back to Rose's to drop them off and there was Liam in an older Johnny Jump. Rose bought him a jumper! In this post, she bought him a swing and she only tends him [if Shari can't and that is like] hardly EVER. She really loves my baby and I guess every "grandma" needs a baby to spoil. She is such a sweet lady. Glad she is so close.

Another note: Rose said that they need to give me a new church assignment so I come to church again. I guess people do notice when I am not there on Sunday. It's just hard getting a baby to church by 9am when he usually goes down for his morning nap at that time... It seems pointless to take a grumpy child to church when all I end up doing is stand in the hallway with him. I feel guilty for slacking on my attendance, but my weeks are long and concentrated and I really enjoy spending the day alone (in PJ's and no make up) with Ian and Liam. I will get better. Ian says we need to do better too. If he is there with me, it's a lot easier, but still a pain. Anyway, just a tiny vent session. I know people take their large families to church every week by 8:45... God bless them and their patience and their energy and their commitment. I am weak. This fun fact about me has been admitted before.

6 comments:

Katie said...

The thing with getting large families to church--while still a feat to be sure--is that they aren't first time moms. I've often thought that infancy with my first baby was harder than infancy with the twins. (Toddlerhood is a totally different story, though!) Plus, big families have older children who can dress themselves and help out with the little ones. Liam won't take a morning nap forever. This too shall pass.

Gina said...

Thanks for your encouragement. I feel like I am not myself when I don't attend. It's a torn feeling every week. And when the time changes back to 11:30, he'll be 1 and that is a whole other ball game, cuz I see people chasing their 1 yr olds and wonder why they even bother. Committed saints, that is what they are. Those that know me, know my heart and my testimony, so hopefully this isn't a horrible reflection on my faith.

Robin said...

I think people want you at church just to see you and your baby, not cause they think you don't have a testimony. My unsolicited advice would be to try to make it one meeting and try to have Ian come to one meeting or more.Simply because being there is a good reminder of why we are here doing all this, it gives me a renewed sense of meaning and purpose, helps my focus. I go for me and nobody else.

Gina said...

That is why I feel cruddy when I don't go. I know it's a good reminder. It's just since I had Liam, I can't pay attention like I used to. So I don't feel renewed like I used to. See you Sunday! ;)

Tori :) said...

And some large families make it by 9:15am, or after sacrament, or in time to drop their kids off for the last part of primary... ;) No worries Gina. It'll get better.

Gina said...

I dropped Liam at Shari's and they basically asked why we are inactive too... K, lessoned learned, DON'T MISS EASTER! jk