Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Friday Thru Sunday

June 6-8, 2008

Friday night we ended up working in the yard until almost 10pm! Liam was actually a big help. He helped me pull weeds while Daddy was mowing the lawn and trimming the backyard. Daddy helped me load the truck with all our junk that needed to go to the dump. It felt so nice to clean up our back yard! Lastly, Daddy edged the front lawn. Liam was right beside me sweeping with his own broom to clean up the grass and dirt from the edger. We were so proud of our hard working boy!

Saturday morning Ian had to work. Liam and I got around and met Meredith at 10am to pick up our family picture she printed up for us. It turned out great! I can't wait to find the perfect frame for it. (On the way to Meredith's house, Liam said, "We goin' see Kake?" I was amazed that he remembered me mentioning her the day before. I immediately called Kate to tell her how excited he was to see her later in the day.)

We went to the dollar store and a few other stops including a couple garage sales on the way home. I got a big stack of Dr. Suess books for only 4 bucks! I've shopped those on ebay before and have never seen a better deal than that! What a steal!

We ate a light lunch and hung around the house until Ian got home from work. I tried to get Liam to take a nap, but he didn't go down by 1pm.

We had to leave at 1:30 to meet up with my friends at the Cheesecake Factory. He fell asleep in the car for about 20 minutes. So I was worried he'd be a monster at the restaurant. He did pretty well because I packed many distractions and treats for him. Plus he was spending time with "Aunt Kake" so he was in a good mood. Once I got my food he shared the angel hair pasta with me and the edamame of course. I got a nice big slice of cheesecake and he went to town on the pile of whipped cream on the side. I love that he prefers the whipped cream to the heavy sweets it usually garnishes.

Ian and Uncle Drew had gone golfing about an hour after we left for the Cheesecake Factory, so I wasn't in any hurry to get back to an empty house. We stopped at Farm Country to see the animals and go on a pony ride. I was so proud of Liam riding the pony all by himself!!! Last year he sat on the pony for a minute, but was not interested in taking a ride. I was beaming with pride while he enjoyed the ride this time around.

We got home and walked over to Joslyn's house to feed her fish. As much as Liam loves Joslyn, I think he loves it more when she is out of town and can feed her fish. He rode his tricycle to and from with me riding on the back on and off. He likes to go fast and I am so grateful the grandparents bought him a heavy metal version of the Radio Flyer. It holds us both and we have so much fun riding together!

I gave Liam a bath and got him in his pajamas. I was completely exhausted from over a week's worth of bad allergies (day and night) and a full day with my busy boy. I got him in bed and myself in my bed by 8pm. Even with Liam up a few times in the night, it was a nice 12 hour rest. I even had sweet dreams. I need to sleep for 12 hours at a time more often.

Sunday we made it to the last 2 hours of church. Liam did well in nursery and I fully enjoyed the time I had in Sunday School and Relief Society.

We got home and Liam did his normal noon-Sunday-tricycle-riding. After much coaxing, I was able to get Liam inside so we could eat lunch... then we both took naps. When Liam woke, Ian took him downstairs and let me sleep another hour. I appreciated that so much! When I went downstairs, Ian was feeding Liam yogurt and the dishes were done and sanitizing in the dishwasher. Thank you, Daddy!

The rest of the day was relaxing. We played outside some more and went to feed the fish down the street.

I forgot to mention that Ian also built a drip system for our garden. It works great and I am thankful we don't have to water the whole backyard, fence and chicken coop just so our garden won't die.

See the whole album HERE.


Yvonne said...

Great recap. Sounds like such fun times.

Loved the little video clip. Isn't it fun when they have those first time moments.

The picture on the tricycle is great.

Klin said...

Your yard is beautiful. During a little drive around the neighborhood- after going somewhere else- we noticed that you've been busy.

Liam is so darling. The video on the horse is just precious.

I like your garden watering system. I prefer the irrigation type method over the sprinkler system myself.

Liam has one cool trike! That looks like lots of fun.


utmommy said...

Wow you've been busy!

I love Cheesecake Factory. So yummy!

Sounds like Liam loves his trike! And who wouldn't love to go feed fish?!!

Alice Wills Gold said...

Funny...we have been gardening and going to the dump too.

Terry said...

Sadie sings E-I-E-I-O when she's around animals too. Very cute movie! Its great that Liam puts his energy towards work!

MileHighMommy said...

So fun to watch him grow up! Isn't it amazing how much these little guys change each week? Even though it exhausts me, I notice that the more busy we are with our Liam that the happier he is. Two-year-old boys just have a limitless energy supply! Our guy likes to do yard work too! If we lived closer, these two could have a landscape business together - Liam & Liam Landscaping! ;)

Katie said...

OK, that hat is adorable. What a little gardener.

Robin said...

Wow, looks like you guys have been keeping busy. We can't go outside unless we are in a pool, too hot! Miss you and Liam!