Sunday, October 29, 2006

Milestones this week

-Liam did a drawing in Nursery today! I had no idea I should even offer him a crayon! Another Nursery worker sat him at the table like a big boy and gave him crayons. I was surprised they didn't go straight to his mouth! He also did really well with the pencil. (Someone else helped him trace his mitt. Reverent Hands for the lesson on reverence.)

-He also sat in a kid size chair up to the table during the lesson! I was so impressed as I was teaching the lesson. He just patted the table and didn't mind just sitting as he watched the other kids do the same thing.

-This past week he showed us that he can spin in circles. (I asked 5 year old Ashley, daughter of Liam's sitter, Shari, if she taught him that. She smiled and said, "Yes I did!!!")

-I already mentioned yesterday that he can climb down all 12 stairs by himself. I still can't get over how impressed I am with that! I am going to try to get video of it this week.

-He initiates the peek-a-boo game. Here is a photo of him peeking from behind the chair after church today.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's alot of fun watching Liam in your blog. Brings back lots of memories from when my kids were that small. I know get to see grandbabies do things like that, but not often enough sadly to say. Keep up the posts so we can watch him grow.

kirida said...

It looks like he's drawn a red fist there. What talent! And, I looove the way you dress him up. He's always so posh looking. I have to remember to put pants on my son.

Anonymous said...

I just thought I'd add that I love when my grandchildren send Barb and I their little "works" on paper too.

Anonymous said...

hehe, make sure not to leave anything around that he might draw with...my kids left a colored pencil on the ground and Kai-Li drew me a lovely portrait on the wall!!
Liam is so cute! And I believe he is very talentaed as well!

Lara said...

So talented, what a sweetie! It's so fun watching them grow isn't it? Mine has started folding her arms during prayers!

Nicole said...

So cute - Eli did that last week for the first time too....isn't it crazy how quick they are growing up!??

Anonymous said...

Ah! Don't they grow too fast at times??

D said...

He is such a big boy! wow! I can't believe it! Coloring and going down stairs and spinning! Wow! Kaden climbed all the way up stairs for the first time today. Not at my apartment but at my cousin's house. He was very proud of himself. :) I will definitely feel better about him and stairs once he knows how to go down them properly.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a great drawing.

Cute pic too.