Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Spending Time With Liam

So I've been thinking the past few days that maybe, just maybe I could handle being a stay at home mom. Without the stresses of work the past few days, I've actually been fairly calm with Liam. Plus he's really nice in the mornings so that is great to savor.

For example, Monday I took him into work to hand out some Christmas goodies (and so I could drop off some Avon orders). Liam was darling carrying around a big brown bag of goodies and handing them to some of my favorite co-workers. He'd hand it over and say Merry Christmas so sweet then give them generous hugs. It was so heartwarming and made me so proud that he was mine. Everyone, of course, was enchanted by him. They'd ask him what Santa is bringing him for Christmas and he wouldn't miss a beat to let them know Yoda was for sure going to be under the tree!We went to Wal-mart after that (mind you is was still the a.m.) and he actually stayed in the cart and if he wasn't in the cart, he stayed with me. This is not the way he does it when we go shopping at night... night shopping is a nightmare with him. So again I was so proud of him and told him he deserved a treat for being so good. He got cheetoes later that day as a reward.

When we got home it was still snowing like crazy. Actually, most of Monday was chunky flakes coming down. Liam HAD to be a part of that, so I bundled him up and I put on Ian's boots and we waded in the snow together. I started shoveling the drive and Liam swam in the 8 or 9 inches of snow in the front yard. It was insane how much snow we had dumping down. Here are a few shots of Liam's fun. Uncle Blake and Mom helped me shovel and also helped Liam make forts and sledding ramps. Uncle Tyler showed up too and he started helping Liam's cause... They had a tall sledding hill built up pretty quickly.




Liam ate some lunch and then crashed. He was beat.


Later we ate lasagna with Grandma and Grandpa and Daddy and just played the evening away while the weather got worse outside.


Liam took a nice warm bath with his ducks (from the Lucky Ducks game Grandma got him). He lined them all up and pretended they were afraid of his duck eating shark. I got some very cute photos of that fun.






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the duck eating shark! Bathtime fun for kids is so much fun watching as grown ups because it almost always brings something that entices laughter!

Anonymous said...

Awww, it sounds like you both had a fun day.

I don't know what it is, but when I'm home with the baby he is SO well behaved. We have such a good time when it's just him and I.

What is it with kids and cheetos. That's got to be the all time favorite snack of 2-5 year olds. lol

Hope you all have a very happy holiday!!!

Klin said...

Tree Monkey will do just about anything for cheetos.

I'd love to go back to being a stay at home mom. I'd get bored with the kids gone all day, but I loved being at home with my kids when I had young ones home.

Anonymous said...

When we went on our vacation in October, I really never wanted to go back to work.

Little Dude is just easier and more fun when I'm here and the schedule of the day is consistent. That being said, he has thrives on the time he spends with grandma, and he seems to blossom in school, too.

But, like you, I love not feeling rushed and just being able to work with him on his schedule instead of mine.

Merry Christmas! And we have a ton of snow here, too. Probably a foot and a half, at least - with more on the way.

Leatha said...

I am so glad your time off was so good. I feel like the days I don't work go so well too - something about extra attention for them plus me being nicer/less stressed?
I love the duck eating shark pictures!

Danell said...

What a cute, cute boy! I'm so glad that you've been able to relax and enjoy some time off of work. Much deserved! Merry Christmas - I love you!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! (And I didn't get to see the pictures when I popped by last time. So cute - he looks so much like you when he smiles!)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I scrolled down. This is so weird, when I read this post initially the pictures weren't there.

I KNOW you didn't throw all that snow on him. Hilarious. After all that snow I can imagine why he was so exhausted.