Friday, December 12, 2008

Finding the Tree

It's that time of December when we go buy our Alpine Fir. We actually had to search this year because the regular lot we go to wasn't there. Sad. So we kept driving last night and found a lot with those special "Charlie Brown Trees" as many call them. I don't think it's Charlie Brown at all. I love how perfectly sparse it is. We need a skinny tree anyway because our house is so small.





After playing much hide and seek with Liam and finding our tree, Daddy tied it to the top of the car and we were off to eat doughnuts as Krispy Kreme. YUM.


9 comments:

Klin said...

Fun, fun. I remember buying trees as a kid. When I got older I couldn't do the pine smell without a migraine, so we have plastic.

I do get to have my lights on all.the.time. That is a plus.

Oh and we did have a tree like that the first year Hubs and I were together.

He said he saw ya. It's a secret where he is moonlighting at. The kids don't even know! He's weird.

utmommy said...

I've never had a real tree. Hubby just said tonight he thinks it would be fun to get a real one one year.

I LOVE Krispy Kreme.

Will you please email me your address?!

Katie said...

You look awesome in your amazing new coat and stunning hair. Hope you're enjoying your guests!

Suzanne said...

That's a fun tradition to get donuts after getting the tree! We get a real tree too and I love the scent it makes in the house! :)

Stephanie said...

How fun that must have been! I love your blog! Your son is so cute! I'm just glad I found you again!

m and a said...

I think you found the perfect tree! Liam is a cutie!

Anissa said...

I like those trees. They ARE perfect for small spaces and look really beautiful when decorated. Sounds like a fun evening. Now I want a donut though...

Anonymous said...

I did a live tree once and will NEVER do it again. I love how they look, but finding pine needles in the carpet clear up until the following x-mas is less than Ideal. Lol

Yum Krispy kreme!!! I haven't had those since we left GA. Thanks, no I REALLY want one. Lol

Daisy said...

I love Krispy Kremes!!!! There is NO donut like a Krispy Kreme!!