Thursday, December 04, 2008

Liam loves Santa in 2008




We were beyond proud of Liam on Saturday for not crying on Santa's lap. He chatted it up and Santa was so charmed by him. (He gave him a little hug and said he was such a sweetheart.) Ever since then, Liam has reminded us daily that Santa is bringing him a Yoda ("oda") for Christmas. No, he's never seen Star Wars, but he saw a friendly looking green guy in a toy catalog over a month ago and has been asking for Oda ever since.


We also went to Gardner Village and the Gateway on Saturday. Liam loved finding all the elves in the village.


We have most of our Christmas shopping done. Just two more things to get! Yay! Liam wasn't a big help, but the long day of shopping did wear him out. He fell asleep in the car on our way to Ruby Tuesday. Carrying him into the restaurant didn't wake him at all. Here he is out cold in our booth. It was like we were out on a date without him. Very nice to eat our steaks in peace.


After dinner Liam woke in the car, we fed him on our way to see the drive through Christmas light show at Thanksgiving Point. We were goofing off in the car and laughing so much that night. So glad we could end the day on a happy note.

11 comments:

Robin said...

What a fun family Saturday! I am sorry I didn't call while we were at Aspen Grove, we just weren't there very long and it flew by. Plus I was getting sick and being kind of lazy. I love you!

Anissa said...

so great that you got a semi-date at dinner time.
the santa footage is very very cute. I'm impressed that he wasn't scared at all. I'm afraid it won't be that way for my kids this year. Oh, and I love his haircut right now. It's very handsome!

RCRambling said...

Very cool! And I haven't blogged about it yet, but we had a surprise Santa meeting when we went to get Little Dude's prescription this past weekend. He was more than happy to shake Santa's hand, and say "thank you," for the candy cane (very quietly), but that was about it.

Love the fact that he slept through your dinner. How nice and relaxing for both of you!

DTanner said...

I am glad he was brave this year. It is sad when they cry at the sight of Santa.

Leatha said...

He is so cute in that video! I love those inadvertent dates.

Katie said...

That's the best Santa/child photo I've ever seen. Liam looks like a poster child! So sweet! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Saedi said...

OK, the Oda thing, is killing me! How can he be so grown up?? What a darling kid!

Heidi said...

Liam is getting big, I can't wait to see him. Our ward chrismas party is this friday and Santa will be there. I just hope Sierra doesn't freak out, his beard scares her sometimes. She told me the other day that Santa was scary and he had snow on his face (pointing to his beard).

Nancy Face said...

Awww...so cute! I'm so amazed that he wasn't scared! :)

Yoda is the coolest! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the video and his saying "this big" and showing how big with his hands. That's adorable.

Glad he woke in time to see the x-mas lights.

Daisy said...

I hope Liam gets his "Oda"!! He would probably LOVE Star Wars too.