Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Bug Fascination

Liam has had a bug fascination the past month. We've had a bit of a stink bug problem around one window of the house. It's never happened before... just like we've never had ants. It's a random thing, but Liam has enjoyed pointing out the few bugs that make it into the house. Including black lint in the carpet.

"EWWW buG!" -- He emphasizes the G in the word and it's very unique how it sounds when he says it. Makes me smile.

So this week, Liam found a murdered spider by the back door. The cats usually leave us grasshopper carcasses, you know, a gift, like that snake experience we had. Liam went and studied that dead spider and kept saying, "EWWW buG!"

Very funny how close he gets but never actually touches it.



Thursday Ian rented A Bug's Life for Liam because he's shown such a large interest in the beasts. This Daddy has good instincts. Liam has been requesting the "buG" movie ever since.

Here he is absorbing the magnificence of a bug's life. Oh to be a bug...


9 comments:

Mel said...

I think he would love THE BEE movie!

Klin said...

A Murdered Spider is much preferable to a live snake!

He is a cute little bug;)

D said...

heehee Kaden has started branching beyond cars to mouse(ratatouille) and Fish(finding nemo). :) We are glad that he is branching out.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Liam..."EWWWW BUG!!!" Isn't it funny how fascinated they get by little bugs and critters.

My daughter got a fish for her b-day so my little one has been saying "FISH this and FISH that ever since.

Yvonne said...

I think it's so cute that he gets down so close to the bugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Murdered spider... ha ha ha... cracks me up!
Boy and bugs, they go hand in hand. Just wait till he no longer fears them and is carting them into the house, still alive.

jolibe said...

Too cute! My Liam has the "bug fever" too now. Unfortunately, we had a little fly episode a few days back. Now he goes around saying "Mommy shoo fly", since that is what I told him I was doing when I was "splatting" them with a rolled up magazine. Yuck, I know.
What a great idea about the Bug movie - I'll have to try to it out. Right now, Cars still holds as the all-time fave in our house.

Terry said...

So cute! I hate ants and all bugs! I got ants last summer and I couldn't seem to get rid of them on my own. I couldn't live with them so now I pay for an exterminator to come every quarter. Its nuts but I can't live with bugs.

MK said...

Isn't it great that kids aren't necessary afraid of bugs, just fascinated! Elizabeth kills all the spiders in our house!