Thursday, November 29, 2007

News

On Monday, Shari, Liam's sitter, let me know that in January she will no longer be able to tend him. I was surprised that I didn't panic at her words. I was merely saddened because Liam would lose her as a mother and her children as siblings. They have been his family for two years and it broke my heart for him to lose them. Granted he'd see them on Sundays and Megan would still tend him for date nights, but still, I was just so sad.

I immediately had two families in mind that live in our neighborhood. Two wonderful families that both have children and they would have great influence on Liam.

I left messages Monday night and heard back from Laura on Tuesday evening. I told her the situation and the money that could be made. She said that she was tempted to say yes right then and there... but she knew it would be wise to pray about it and talk to her husband about it. She has a two-year-old son and a 7 month old daughter.

Laura called me back not 15 minutes later and said she'd like to give it a try on Saturday... she wants me to drop him off at noon and pick him up at 5 like I would on a week day. She was so sweet as she relayed that I should go on a date with my hubby or a take a nice long nap while she tended him. I was comforted that this path might work out for all of us.

This morning, first thing, my second resource called me back. Michelle has two boys that are ages three and five. Liam loves playing with them and Michelle says Liam is a piece-of-cake-child to tend. So I told her the situation and that Laura was going to give it a try on Saturday. Michelle was just as interested in doing it as Laura. She said to keep her posted on what Laura decides.

What a blessing! The two families I had in mind are both interested. I can't imagine worrying about this situation the whole month of December. I can't get over the fact that we were taken care of in less than a week's time. I am so delighted.

Heavenly Father really watches out for us... Especially Liam. We are very grateful.

12 comments:

Ashley said...

It is amazing how things in life just work out. It is wonderful to KNOW that we are watched over and loved.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing!

Tori :) said...

That's great Gina!! I hope it all goes well.

Anissa said...

Children bring us so many blessings. Yeah for Liam and for your immediate success!

Miss Notesy said...

How wonderful!

Klin said...

Ok, this might sound bad, but remember I have been in Sunbeams for 2 years, I only know Michelle of your two. I adore her two boys. Sometimes they come home teaching with their dad. It's a fun time!!!

It is sad to hear about Shari. She has watched my girls in the past. A great lady, she is.

Danell said...

Gina, I'm so grateful you are being blessed in this way. I get stressed just finding a sitter for a few hours... Our kiddos are too important to just leave with anyone. I'm so glad things are working out!

RC said...

I hope everything works out okay, and I'm so glad you felt that same sense of peace I felt when one of my sitters let me know she was unable to continue watching Little Dude for both of the shifts I needed (she and her little guy have watched Little Dude two days per week since he was three months old).

We have been blessed to have a young member of our family fill in on the additional shift.

I'll admit, I did get a little concerned with the last twist in life though - she (our young family member) will be out for 2-3 months beginning in February (back surgery - we pray all goes well), but once again, we are blessed with family willing to help out and hopefully can reschedule our days to accommodate the switch, too.

My thoughts and prayers as you find a new extended family for Liam to become a part of! It is so hard to entrust these most precious gifts of ours to others!

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad it all seems to be working out for you. It's always so hard when there is change, but it's great when it all comes together. Heavenly Father truly is mindful of us!!!

utmommy said...

So glad that it all worked out so well for you!

Terry said...

Thats great.

Nettie said...

Yep, Heavenly Father does love Liam! I am glad you have 2 great options!