Monday, October 29, 2007

The phrases

I forgot to mention in Liam's birthday letter some of the phrases he uses on a daily basis.

When he is looking for something like his "silkie", "binky" or a toy we've misplaced, he finds it and says "der-it-iz", a.k.a. "there it is."

When I'm praising him with a "you did it" he usually responds with a "I did it!" It is so precious and sweet each and every time! I love that he is proud of himself for simple tasks that I've asked him to do.

I also forgot to mention the way he pronounces words that end in A-I-R, E-A-R or A-R. He calls his hair, her. His chair, cher and his ear, er. Cracks me up how he pronounces things.

He has gotten smarter over night. It's like the age of two made it official for him to start growing up way faster than a mama can handle. Ian and I were laughing on Friday because only one day after turning two, our son asked us "why" four times! He has NEVER asked us why. Not once until the day after he turned two! How hilariously ironic can it get?


7 comments:

Tori :) said...

I love when they start making sentences. Livie yells every Sunday during sacrament "Der he iz!!" when she spots Tristan passing the sacrament. Her other favorite is "I dun't knooooow?!"

D said...

Such a handsome and smart boy! Kaden is starting to say two words together here and there- yesterday he said more pickle and more hot dog when he wanted more of those things. I am soooo excited for him to be asking for specific foods. It is so nice to have him communicate more.
That is so funny that Liam asked why? the day after his second b-day! So wonderful!

Robin said...

I can't get enough of that kid! I am hoping that we will come visit Emily in January and we can see you guys too! I'm crossing my fingers.

Terry said...

Ah, Liam... don't grow up too fast!

Anissa said...

That bottom pictures is excellent. Looks professional.

And the "why" phase begins. hee hee. Now ever other word will be "why" for the next 5 years. Have fun!

Daisy said...

It really is weird when they become suddenly smarter or more creative and talk better. It amazing how much Cameryn's imagination has blossomed. She was a really imaginative girl before but she turned three and suddenly it's 10 times what it was before. Amazing, children really are just amazing.

www.stepherz.com said...

I adore his sweater in that picture! That's an awesome picture. The background is cool.