Saturday, October 13, 2007

Grand Gourds

Well, this was the second Saturday of October and both Saturdays have included rain. all. day. We've been wanting to go to a local farm to pick out gourds and get good photos. Next week is Liam's party, so we wouldn't get another Saturday before Halloween to take him. Sooo...

We weathered the rain and took Liam to a great place that has a greenhouse full of gourds of all kinds (great prices too). He got mud and dirt all over him within 5 minutes of our arrival. So much for crispy clean photos.

Liam was so cute selecting his 5 cent miniature gourds. Ian got white and red pumpkins and I got a big and wonderful green one! You'll see if you click HERE all the great stuff we got for under $9.

Before we left the farm, we got some applesauce donuts and a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie! Liam loved eating all the sprinkles off the donut.

We had to laugh as Liam loaded and unloaded his gourds over and over again. He did the same thing once we got home. I can still picture him going to the back of the car, grabbing one tiny gourd, then struggling to climb the 2 steps to our porch, place his "punkun" on the far end of the porch, then start the process over. He took quite awhile to get them all arranged in the corner of our porch too. It was so funny! "Punkuns" are his new favorite friends.


We drove around the county running other errands today and enjoyed our family time together. It's been a nice day. We even got naps! All 3 of us!

Tonight I caramelized some apples a friend gave me earlier in the week. I then made cobbler out of them. I just got it out of the oven, so I'm pushing the post button so we can eat cobbler and watch SNL the rest of the evening.

14 comments:

Anissa said...

VERY cute. I love how kids say the word pumpkin, it just melts my heart. I can see the excitement in his face too.
Um... I want some cobbler please! That sounds very yummy.

We did the pumpkin farm yesterday too, but our weather was the complete opposite of yours. It was a flawless day and I swear it was pushing 70 degrees. It was gorgous.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

He is SO cute. I can't wait till we hit the punkin farm, too!

D said...

We went to the pumpkin patch yesterday too. It was a lot hotter than we expected and we were roasting the whole time. There was some mud around still since it rained the night before- but not too bad. The pumpkin patch is so much fun though. Liam is so cute saying punkin!

Klin said...

Sooo cute. Can you email me the name of this wonderful such place you went to? My girls are wanting to go and I am wanting to save some $$ when we do.

Glad you had fun, even if it was raining.

Little Hensley Fam said...

That looks like it was lots of fun! And under $9 you can't beat that either!

Danell said...

The pictures turned out great Gina, SO CUTE!

utmommy said...

Cute pictures!

Where is this place? Sounds like my kids would love it, and we still need to pick our pumpkins out.

Anonymous said...

Sooooo much fun. It just melted our hearts to hear that cute little voice saying pumpkin. I have played the video over and over. It was hard not doing Liam's costume this year,but I know that I have to share the joy with his other grandma and his mom and not hog all the fun and joy of making a costume for my grandson. But next year is just around the corner. Thank-you for being so wonderful to share the pictures with us,you will never know how much this means to us. I just loved to see the excitement on his face and hear the joy in his voice when he discovered the BIG pumpkin. Sure wish that we could have been with you. It is a cold rainy day here too.But all I have to do is sit at the computer and listen to Liam's darling little voice and I am warm all over. Have a wonderful Fall Liam. All our Love Grandma and Grandpa

Suzanne said...

How cute to hear how invested Liam was in his "punkuns"! :D

It looks like you had a fun day and evening together as a family!

Stephanie said...

I've never been to a pumkin farm until recently and it was such fun. We also picked a great weekend because it was the last of the warm weather.

Liam is such a ham. He's so sweet!

MK said...

That sounds like fun! I am hoping that we can get Elizabeth to the pumpkin patch before October is over! Isn't it nice to have good family time together!

jolibe said...

What a sweet little voice he has! Don't you just LOVE hearing that little voice with all his insights and observations - it is just soooooo sweet!

Yvonne said...

Looks like he had such a fun time. It was fun to see the pictures of him a year ago--isn't it great to watch them grow!!! Family time together is the best!!!

I have never seen red pumpkins.

Miss Notesy said...

That is really cute. He's at such a fun age.