Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Another week gone



This is Liam on Friday morning intensely working on his coloring. He colors ALL. THE. TIME! As you can see, he's made it a portable activity. He hangs out at the dining room table making scribbles and circles in his coloring books too. He usually talks to himself or sings to himself as he works. Cracks me up.

Saturday morning we picked up our new friends Kara and Joslyn (16 months) and took them to PERC with us. It was fun for both me and Liam to be with them as we spent our time at the library. There was a fall festival going on that we had no idea about until we came up the stairs from PERC. The kids got to draw pictures and then they danced to a bluegrass band playing there. It was so darling! They are both such good little toddler dancers! We hope to do more fun things with them on a regular basis!

Sunday Liam and I went to sacrament meeting. There was a lag in the testimony meeting so we headed up to the stand, and then 2 other people had the same thought at the same time. We ended up sitting on the front pew while I waited for my turn. Shari (Liam's sitter) and all her kids were on the second row - and all of them were delighted to see Liam. Liam went to sit with Shari for a minute and when she let him come back to me I couldn't help but notice she had tucked in his dress shirt. I giggled as Liam strutted over to my arms. He was so sweet and seemed so happy to be coming back to me then he gave me a big cuddle!

While I was bearing my testimony, I got all teary and Liam became pretty concerned and studied my face. It was very sweet. I could tell he was worried so I wrapped up and we went back to our pew. I have to say Liam was very well behaved the whole meeting... we even got there on time. Amazing.

We left right after sacrament meeting because our friends, DJ and Anissa, were in town and they were going to spend the afternoon/evening with us. We were grateful they made time to spend the day with us. We had such a wonderful Sunday with them. The twins, Addison and Ethan, were a complete joy! They are very mild little babies. I was so excited to finally meet them in person! Each time I would pick one of them up they would melt right into me. The cuddliest little kids EVER! I thoroughly enjoyed holding babies a whole year younger than Liam.

Liam seemed to have a little crush on Addison. He would dote on her and be very careful with her, even share with her. Ethan wasn't so lucky. That poor little guy was picked on by our bully boy. We had to intervene a few times. Ethan was living it up when Liam finally took a nap. Free reign over all the toys!!!




Monday evening Liam melted my heart when I picked him up from Shari's. He ran to the door all excited saying "mama mama" over and over! That is the nicest greeting I have gotten from him in a LONG time! He is usually way too busy to greet me or even consider going home when I get there.

And tonight we had a fit throwing Liam begging to go outside. So Daddy suggested we go to the P-A-R-K and ride in the T-R-U-C-K. (Yep, Daddy initiated the spelling movement as our baby isn't oblivious to what we say anymore.) We had a fun time with Liam in the truck and at the park. I got a few good shots of my handsome men. See all park photos HERE.




I don't know what we are going to do when it gets REALLY cold. It's been pretty chilly the past few evenings and Liam always wants to go outside. I need to ask Shari to let him go outside with the big kids in the afternoons.



Liam's speech gets better by the day. Everything he says is so darling and funny. He is saying helicopter better and, "I did it" and anything else he feels like copying. I was looking for Daddy last night and kept saying, "where are you?" and Liam would copy exactly every time. I had to laugh of course.



Look who found Daddy's old camera...
he put that thing around his neck like he was an old pro!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the serious coloring face with the binky intact. We have sooo many pics of our little with the binky doing everything!

Katie said...

I love the one with the camera---you must look just like that to him! You have so many fun pics you share with us.

wendy said...

What a cutie! How fun to go to the park with dad!

utmommy said...

I've got to meet this cutie of yours! We need to get the kids together some time.

Love the pictures!

Suzanne said...

Yay for being to church on time! I don't know why, but when we're to church on time, it seems like our entire Sunday flows more smoothly!

How cute that Liam has a little crush on Addison! You'll have to tease him about it when he gets older! ;)

Klin said...

Shari used to watch my S when she was little. I think the only place better than hers is home.

Liam is getting so big and cute. I am sad that I won't be his sunbeam teacher. I will be missing out. Maybe I can sub once in a while.

Yvonne said...

That had to melt your heart when he was so excited to see you and he greeted you like that. I love that you have to spell what you're doing so he doesn't catch on to everything!

Great pics.

www.stepherz.com said...

So sweet! He loves his mommy. Noah caught me getting teary the other day and he put his juice cup up to my lips and kissed me on my arm. How could I do anything but smile!?

I love the camera picture. What a silly goose he is!

Nicole said...

I love that first pic...Eli could take a few pointers. His attention for coloring is about 3-seconds long. LOVE the last picture (camera) - we have a similar one of Eli :)

Terry said...

It always feel so satisfying when the kids get through Sacrament Meeting without having to be taken out! Thats so sweet how he was so concerned for you when he saw your tears. Its great that your little tot is feeling compassion for others.

Cute photos of a smart little boy!

MK said...

Dad's always make things fun for the kids don't they. It sounds like you had a good week with some good laughs. I love the picture of him with the camera!

Anonymous said...

I found a pic of your little guy in the same pajamas! Aren't those thermal fire truck ones the best?!? (I'm a volunteer firefighter, so I'm kind-of biased that way...) Too cute! Thanks for stopping by!