Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Letters

Liam officially recognizes every letter of the alphabet except a few mix ups.

Z and N look the same to him apparently. Understandable.

X and K look the same to him too. It makes sense.

And finally, M and W. But, I don't think it's because they are so similar in shape. I think it's because M is much easier to verbalize than W.

Oh well. I am proud of his recognition of all the other letters. Just like his animal sounds at 16/17 months, it all happened sooner than I thought and practically overnight! Go Liam!

10 comments:

Klin said...

Woo Hoo! That's amazing. He was bundled up so cute today. I enjoyed your testimony. I have boys from work coming to church, so it's a bit weird to bear my testimony with them there. Perhaps after they have been coming for awhile and I can not feel like it will interfere with therapy. Yeah. weird.

D said...

That's awesome!!! I am sooooo impressed!

Ashley said...

Very impressive. What a smart guy!

Anonymous said...

Very cool!

I sign the alphabet whenever I sing it to Little Dude, and also sign our names as I am spelling them out for him. I know he is only one, but it is my hope that he will be able to fingerspell the alphabet as he says it later on...

I don't know if it will work, but I know my signing holds his attention when I do it.

As for the letters Liam is mixing, they make sense to me!

Terry said...

EXCELLENT!!!

He is young to know his alphabet! He is so smart!

utmommy said...

What a little smarty pants!!

utmommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That is really amazing!! Go Liam's MOM!!!

Kate said...

I had trouble with those letters whez I was xid, too. Azd loox how well I turzed out!!

;-)

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

good job buddy!

xoxoxox