Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Liam Prays

Last week I must have said the dinner prayer too hastily, because Liam seemed alarmed when it was over so fast. He refolded his arms when Ian put his food in front of him, so Ian asked if he wanted to bless his food. "Yeah, Liam pray." Ian went on to help Liam say his own prayer.

We were so proud of him!

Then Sunday, the nursery workers told me that Liam gave the opening prayer for their lesson. He kept showing me how he closed his eyes "see" and folded his arms "see." (The lesson just happened to be on prayer and they had little paper bag puppets that demonstrated how it's done.) I was so excited to hear he actually prayed with an audience! What a big kid!

Then tonight he blessed our dinner with Ian's help. When he said "Jesus Christ, Amen" at the end, I was so pleased! My heart just swelled!

Also tonight for bed time prayers, I was saying the prayer but he was whispering back ups of every other thing I said super softly. Man, he is a sweet kid!

15 comments:

utmommy said...

So cute! I love when kids learn to pray, it is so precious.

Anonymous said...

This is why we've made a very pointed effort to be more open with our praying around Little Dude, too. We want him to feel comfortable and to learn to pray.

So cute!

(I secretly can't wait until Little Dude is old enough to start blessing everything under the sun during his bedtime prayers. I've been told that is a very special time, as you learn how they view the importance of various items when they do that.)

cpcox99 said...

That is so sweet. Liam is really cute!! Don't you love it when they pray? Those prayers don't hit the ceiling. They go straight on through!

jolibe said...

So, so sweet! I love how "natural" it is for little ones to connect with God. It's humbling, really.

Unknown said...

I remember when I taught a little sunbeam to pray recently...Not one of my own,,,but no matter what, there is nothing like teaching a child to pray.

Kate said...

More proof that he has a great example... :-)

Daisy said...

I love when Cameryn says the prayer, it's so cute. That's great that he will say it in the nursery though. What a brave boy!!

Anissa said...

He is just so big and smart. I can see why you are so proud of him. Darling.

D said...

I'm so excited for Kaden to get to that point. So cool!

Klin said...

Oh, so sweet.

Blackeyedsue said...

I LOVE when they do that. On the other hand, it means they are growing up way too fast.

Preds Girl said...

Oh my goodness! That is DARLING!!!

Terry said...

Thats awesome! You are good parents and Liam is a good boy! :)

Angel Baby said...

You know, this is just precious.

Annabelle has been, out of the blue, asking me to pray more and more frequently. So, after a long while of not wanting to I decided to start doing it with her. So nice. I generally feel like she's got this much closer connection to God than I do anyway, so I might as well take a cue from her and start checking in once in a while!

Nice post.

Gwen said...

It is so sweet when kids learn to pray. Isaac had lost interest until Kenley started saying, "Mine turn" every time we folded our arms for prayer. Now Jeremiah and I hardly ever get a turn between them!