Friday, September 08, 2006

Three Things

Liam cut his fourth tooth yesterday (the second one on top).

He also has a new record of taking 6 steps! As of 2 days ago is extremely confidant in practicing his walking.

AND... he slept from 1am - 6am this morning! Count it! 5 hours of sleep! I haven't slept that much at once since Liam was 3 months old! Getting him on solids this past week or so is helping him sleep longer I think. And when he cries at night, I don't immediately pick him up to nurse. I try to get him to go back to sleep by laying him down with his blanket, rub his back and cross my fingers that he'll go back to sleep without eating. (It's working... slowly but surely.)

8 comments:

Katie said...

Wahooooo! Five straight hours makes a big difference to someone who hasn't slept that long consecutively in six months. I hope it continues!

Anonymous said...

Hurrah for Liam!!!!

Millie said...

Amen on 5 hours of sleep! And with all those teeth, hope he doesn't discover the "Bite Mommy" game anytime soon! :)

D said...

Five hours is great- I miss it! Kaden was sleeping 5 hours until this week. Silly boy. I hope Liam keeps it up. That's awesome that he is eating Solids again!
Congrats on the steps! That is soooo exciting!

beth said...

Ooooh, 5 hours! That's promising. And while cutting teeth - even more promising!

Juliet said...

That's great! It only gets easier with time. ^_^

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! My second was a challenge with nighttime sleeping. Liam will get the picture soon enough!!! BE DILIGENT!!! :)

Right now we are tossing weaning Mark from the bottle -- NIGHTMARE EXPECTED!! Will keep you posted...

Angel Baby said...

OMG! Are you writing down exactly what you did with him that day? And what he ate and every little thing that might be helping him?

I was freaking out when Annabelle started to sleep more... WHAT DID I DO TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN?

It really took me the full sixteen months to finally figure out exactly what I did: Nothing.

I mean, she gets all the credit. She probably deserves it... all I really want is the sleep anyway!