Thursday, July 17, 2008

Feeding the Ducks Sunday

We had a nice evening feeding the ducks. It wasn't too hot and there were no bugs and no people! Of course we ran out of bread too fast, as always!

I love this face!





Story not pictured: Shortly after running out of bread, Liam strolled along the bank of the water. When I called him back, he ran and stepped into a muddy hole (a tiny tributary). The mud was so thick and so black and so stinky! Initially I thought it was just his Croc and his leg that got slimed, but he turned around and I saw he got a nice big muddy squirt in the seat of his pants. Gross!

I was so glad to have semi-clean towels from the boat ride the day before still in the car. That and his baby wipes of course solved our problems. I didn't let him run around in his diaper too long before we headed home though.

9 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

What a doll! He's certainly becoming a big boy... They grow so fast.

Daisy said...

I love going to feed the ducks. Cameryn always wants to try to feed the birds because she says she wants one to land on her finger (like in Princess movies). She is the same way with butterflies.

I love his cute little face in these pictures, especially the first one with his little nose all crinkled up.

Nicole said...

Boys get dirty no matter where they are! I love that picture of him making that cute face. SOOOO cute. BTW-We run out of bread too fast too. No matter how much you take, it just doesn't last long enough!

Em said...

Feeding the ducks with kids is so much fun. He is growing up so fast!

Suzanne said...

Boys + Mud = Fun. I'll bet he had a fun squishy time! :D Oh, and I love Liam's John Deere tee. So cute! I loved getting to see you today, Gina!

Saedi said...

I can so see that happening to me (not my kids, mind you) to ME. I would step in the stinky black mud and get it all over my bum. Gross.

www.stepherz.com said...

Boys and mud just go together, huh?

Boys and stinky mud and clean cars-- not so much, huh?

I do love that shirt!

Terry said...

Gina, you are always running around taking Liam somewhere or inventing something fun to do at home. Liam is very lucky to have a fun, active, happy Mom. I know that feeding the ducks is not even the most exciting of stuff you do, but I just thought of it because I always just lounge around the house with the kids on Sundays. It would be fun if I took them to do stuff like feed the ducks. Hmmm.... Why am I so lazy? :)

Vika said...

Gina, I absolutely love your pics. We had planned to go to the pond on Sunday after our nap but we didn't wake up in time. May be next time... :)