Thursday, December 06, 2007

Liam's requests

I have to report how Liam asks for a few things:

Pick me up - "Hold you"

Please help me - "Peez help you"

You wanna get me some sugar? - "Treats?"

It's funny each time he says each of these things -- multiple times a day.

I was especially amused this morning when I said, "Can you say 'help me?"

And he replies, "HAPPY!"

Even when I said it slower and with extra annunciation he still replied, "HAPPY!"

P.S. I have to write down that each day when we put Liam's puffy coat on, he taps his belly or rubs the front of his coat and says "coke" real proud. He loves his "coke", ladies and gentlemen. Good thing because it's "koe ow-sigh".

14 comments:

utmommy said...

I love it!

Klin said...

So cute. I loved it when my kids would say "hold you." I always smiled, because I probably did need to be held, too.

I love it that he loves his "coke" because it is freezing ow-sigh!

Suzanne said...

A coke is always good when it's kow ow sigh! LOL! How sweet!

I love little kid talk! You will remember it years from now with fondness, I promise! :)

Anonymous said...

That's SO cute. Isn't it so much fun when they are learning to talk.

Kari said...

I love hearing what little kids say when they're learning to speak. I swear, I talked like Alli FOREVER when she was little because I thought it was so cute.

www.stepherz.com said...

I can totally see him patting his coat! He's so sweet. :-)

cpcox99 said...

You'll be so glad you wrote all of these down! I love the "happy" experience. He sure is a happy boy. :)

D said...

So sweet! Kaden says Rock you when he wants to be rocked before going to sleep.
Language discovery is so much fun!

D said...

Oh and I think that it is so cool that he says Help me as Happy since of course helping is what makes us happy. :)

Yvonne said...

I so love that you have a record of the way he says things--we think we'll NEVER FORGET, and somehow we do. You are a great mom!!!!

Robin said...

So adorable. I remember Tucker often using the same request, hold you. We thought it was great!

Anissa said...

COKE is my favorite. It's so great to document all these ways that he says things. It won't last long and then you'll miss those made up phrases and mispronounced words. Just another glimpse into their little minds. So priceless.

Aly said...

I think it is interesting how many kids say "hold you" when they want to be picked up. Emma said it too!

Terry said...

Very cute!

I love Coke too. Coats are also nice when its cold.