Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ups and Downs

It's been a week of ups and downs. Liam has still been sick... until about Thursday morning. He actually woke cheerful, and not at 4am like the previous mornings because of an upset tummy resulting in a diaper change, resulting in a child that thinks it's time to start the day.

Thursday and Friday he was more himself... so much so, that we didn't recognize him without the whining. It was so nice to welcome our son back! He is such a sweet kid and has been through a lot the last couple weeks. His manners are back and his appetite is back. I am so grateful.

Here are some highlights from this past week:

We got a package from Grandma BJ on Tuesday. She sent a big pair of Darth Vador snow boots that she found at a garage sale, among other things. Later when I told Liam he needed to put his shoes on so we could go for a ride in Dad's truck, I found this backward bootlegger.



Wednesday night Ian was working on getting our fencing pressure-washed. Liam steered clear of the big loud machine when it was on, but didn't mind the mist it provided even from a distance. Here are some photos of him taking some breaks with Dad. I don't have a photo of Liam holding tight to his hat when the wind would blow. He gets so upset if his hat comes off. Makes me laugh as I reassure him that it's alright. I then make sure to velcro the clasp so it doesn't take flight again.




Here is Liam Thursday morning playing nicely while Mommy worked. Play dough has turned out to be such a great toy in the mornings. I sit at the table with my work and Liam sits close by doing his "work" too. I am close enough to see when bits fall on the floor and very handy to him if he needs my help.



Friday Liam recognized the color orange for the first time, pointing to the object and saying "ornch." I gave him hi-fives and squeezes to no end I was so proud of him!

Also on Friday, Liam was served breakfast as we listened to some country music and he started groovin' at the table as he ate. His head was tilted to the side and was bobbing so cute.


I have noticed this past week that Liam has mastered somersaults to a fine accuracy.

Ian reported today that Liam said three consecutive words, "come with me." He wanted Ian to go and see his P.E.R.C. toy he was playing with in the other room. We couldn't get him to do it as clearly again, but he's saying so many 2-word phrases lately and it's just so fun to be a witness of his growth!

And I have to share, because I am so proud, that I got Liam's fall wardrobe (including a halloween costume) all for $20 today at the thrift store.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that at some point during the week, I got home from work and handed Liam to Ian. Liam got mad as I walked away saying I needed to use the potty and I'd be right back. He kept saying "potty" over and over. Daddy reassured him by saying that Ma Ma can't go potty in her pants like Liam can. I laughed from afar, you know, in the bathroom.

14 comments:

Nikki Neurotic said...

Those boots are just too cute.

Klin said...

I am so enchanted by his cuteness.

Look at him concentrate on his play dough. So stinking cute- he is.

wendy said...

What a fun week! We got your package today - the shirts are soooo cute! I'll try to post photos this week. Thank you for the fun stickers and tissue!

Cheryl said...

Sorry it's been a such a long sickness. I'm glad he is getting back to himself.

Lovin' the boots! He's ready for the snow.

Cutie, Groovin to the music. Such a cute boy!

Terry said...

Liam is adorable. He looks so cute bopping his head in the video and saying cheese. He's a bright boy!

Kari said...

LOL, I like the video of him saying "Cheese!".

Awesome job getting his fall wardrobe for $20!!! I went to DI this week to see if I could find myself some maternity pants or anything cute for Jayci and I found nothing. =(

Anonymous said...

The backward boot gave me a big chuckle--along with the binky in his hand :-) Kids are hilarious.

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better. Grat job on finding his fall wardobe for $20. (I love the boots--they are too cute)

Suzanne said...

How cute to see Liam hamming it up in front of the camera! Yay that he's learning colors. How did he get that boot on backwards without twisting his foot? So what costume did you get him for Halloween? :)

Nicole said...

Too funny about him holding his hat when it's windy!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Corinne and I watched his video and she just thought he was the cutest "baby." Don't you love when they call kids the same age babies?

Anissa said...

My Grandma and I got a good laugh out of the picture of him with his boot on backwards. Kids do the most innocent, yet hilarious, things.
Gotta love that country music. He's got good taste!

www.stepherz.com said...

Gina! He is losing the little baby look and becoming a full-on toddler! Bella lost "the look" right around her 2nd birthday. She's always my baby though, so I don't mind her losing the baby look.

And I am soooooo going to the thrift store this week. The kids need some fall clothes. Theres rarely a great selection though, so, fingers crossed. Sometimes I go and hit the jackpot!

Ashley said...

Isn't it amazing to watch them grow and develop. I just sometimes step back and stare in awe of all they learn and understand. I will have to remember the playdough I always think my kids are too young. I think they would really enjoy it.