Sunday, September 09, 2007

Liam this last week

I took a few token photos this last week of Liam being his regular funny self!

Wednesday night Ian was in charge of the joint youth activity gathering canned goods for the food bank and blankets for the homeless shelter in SLC. Thursday morning Liam found the canned goods and put himself to work. He was so proud of himself stacking all those cans!



That same morning he had his regular 2 egg breakfast. Here he is blowing on the hot eggs before he makes them disappear in 2 minutes flat. He only took one bite of the kiwi, but it was worth trying... he has become such a picky eater.



Thursday night Liam was very excited to "help" me roll pennies. He concentrated like this for a good 45 minutes. He asked for help when his penny roll would collapse, but then he'd collect-and-dump over and over again.



Friday night Liam "helped" Dad work on the truck. Liam loves that truck. Ian got a great deal on a 1975 Ford F250 and has been working on it to get it in condition to register and haul his boat. This past week we've taken a drive around the block as a family (secured by old fashioned lap belts). Liam just smiles, chats with us and says "WEEE" when Ian hits the gas. It's been a fun family activity each evening before we put Liam to bed. (Ian says this will be Liam's truck when he is of age.)



Saturday Liam colored a lot! I found some crayons from when Ian and I were dating... and some old coloring books! Liam liked coloring over all the stuff that Ian and I had colored together when we'd watch movies and hang out. Ian fained hurt feelings that his beautiful crayoned pages were scribbled upon. Ha ha!



That night Matt and D stopped by one last time before leaving town to go back to California. Kaden and Liam had a good time copying each other and playing around before taking one last bath together. After the bath, they ran around bare-bummed. It was so cute and we got a few awesome shots of those toddler cheeks. It was a fun ending to an otherwise mundane Saturday.

13 comments:

wendy said...

What a fun week! Liam is so cute sorting those pennies and stacking the cans! Adorable!

Tori :) said...

Those stacked cans seriously look like my pantry. Liv takes everything off the shelf and stacks them in the middle of the room! Too funny!

utmommy said...

What a busy little boy!

Yvonne said...

I loved that you and your husband colored together when you were dating--so sweet. And then to have Liam use those same crayons and coloring books is adorable.

I bet he has a ball in the truck. Every little boys dream ; )

Klin said...

I love how he is looking at his kiwi like, "what is this stuff?"

B4 I got a laptop, Shelby would come to the office/food storage/junk room (yeah, it's multi purpose) and while I typed papers, checked email or whatever, she would pull the cans and boxes off and pretend they were her "students." She would teach in her gibberish and later when she went to preschool she would teach what she had learned.

It was so fun to listen and sneak a peek when she wasn't looking.

David said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!

Heidi said...

I wish Sierra had been there to help him stack cans, that's totally her thing. The coin organizing was a fun game, I wouldn't have allowed Sierra to help, you have more patience then I do I guess. I absolutly love that truck! Although I would never be able to fix it, Ian has more car knowledge than me. Well, I love you! Check out my blog!

Jamie said...

He is such a smart and busy little guy!
Oh, and he eats eggs! I'm so jealous!

Terry said...

Great photos! He looks like he's having fun and how cute that you and Ian colored together when you were dating. Its even cuter that Ian is the sentimental one about the pages. (David is more sentimental than I am).

Danell said...

Wowie - I'm so impressed that he stuck with the coins for that long! Cute boy!!!

Kari said...

Cute boy! He seems like so much fun!

This is totally off topic, but Adam and I want to set Drew up with one of my friends. Do you think he's up for a blind date some time in the next couple weeks? She's cute and super funny.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Gosh.. he's getting sooo big...
so cute as usual!

Anissa said...

He looks so old in that penny sorting shot. There is just something about how it was taken that makes him look that much older.

I don't know why you think your days are mundane... you are super busy compared to me! So many activities and new adventures. :) I'm jealous that you got to see Matt and D and Kaden a couple of times. I miss them!