Monday, October 20, 2008

500th Post

I can't believe I've posted 500 times! I've been blogging since March 2006 and there has been a lot to say about my Liam. Certainly tons more in his infancy as I was more home bound back then and went without a lot less sleep blogging about my sleeplessness and mothering whoas. So glad we are past those days. I do wish I'd post more often now a days, but I'm content to leave the laptop alone most evenings. Balance has found me in this department as that was certainly out of whack for a long time. Though blogging did keep me sane a lot of days.

Today all I have to say is - I am grateful for Liam. He has been such a joy this past week or so. Literally since last Saturday (Oct. 11) he's pretty much been the dream child. Last weekend we really enjoyed him and played with him a lot (two rounds of pumpkin patches)! In the evenings he just plays with his cars and is content to hang out where ever in the house. Then we had another full weekend of playing hard outside and enjoying each other. It's been so heavenly!

It's helped that I about lost my voice at the beginning of last week so I have been soft in my speech and fairly calm myself. So maybe Liam and I were running in parallel with each other. Or maybe the 3 year old maturity kicked in a week early. Whatever it is, I'll take it! A week and counting of charming behavior from all. So nice!


Lame, I only wrote 271 words for a 500th post...

9 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

You are such a good mommy...
Liam is sooo lucky too...

He is simply adorable....

and WHEN ARE WE GOING TO MEET IN BEAVER???


I love all your pics...

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh.. and I absolutely love that family picture up top.....

Leatha said...

Congrats on your 500th post! I love your blog. You write so well and so honestly. I think your letters to Liam are so sweet and such a great idea. You've inspired me to finally work on my goal of being a much better memory-recorder. I wish I'd discovered blogging back when Jaya was a baby!

Liam is such a dear little boy, and you are so good at recording all the fleeting moments. He is so photogenic, and all boy! I love it. The kid is just too adorable with that grin and those eyes.

Here's to 500 more Gina-posts!

Nancy Face said...

Happy 500th, YAY! :D

That is the coolest pumpkin! :)

DTanner said...

You're funny!

Klin said...

Love the punkin and the smile on it's creator.

500 posts. Wow. Keep 'em coming.

Daisy said...

I am hoping for your sake that he stays a mature and good 3 year old because boy am I grateful that that stage is over with Cameryn. Of course all kids are different but for me with Cameryn the 3's were so much worse than the 2's. Good Luck!!

Unknown said...

Perfect pumpkin!

Anonymous said...

WOW 500!? Love the pig, alien pumpkin. Lol