Yep, we're no longer "newlyweds". We've been married for 6 years and have been dating for over 8 years! On Wednesday I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Ian. It was sweet of him to send them early so I could gloat, I mean enjoy them at work before the weekend.
Six years ago today...
1) I ran up to my mother-in-law's house (from the basement apartment I was in) and excitedly said, "I'm getting married today!"
2) I walked a few blocks hand-in-hand with my soon-to-be hubby as we approached the Salt Lake Temple.
3) I sat in a celestial place with my soon-to-be hubby for 45 minutes prior to our ceremony.
4) We each said "yes"
5) We had photos taken of us in the rain.
6) We stood in our receiving line for almost 2 hours at our beautiful reception.
7) I danced with my new hubby.
8) I danced with my dad.
9) We witnessed a gorgeous lightning show on the way to our hotel that night.
10) And the rest of that night... use your imagination.