Monday, October 03, 2011

Awesome Weekend

Saturday morning Liam was so good to entertain himself with all his toys while I watched General Conference. I was so surprised and felt very blessed. He even came and sat with me and let me play with his hair while we listened. Such a sweetheart.

We went to a Halloween event at Pottery Barn Kids that afternoon instead of watching the second session of conference since I can watch it later online. We did some coloring, a fashion show, and the a parade around the mall. All the children were very cute. Liam was one scary pirate! ARRRR!

After the event, we went to the Spaghetti Factory for a late lunch and everyone was so impressed with Liam's get up. Later in the day he took off the costume, but kept the face make up and we went to the park. Baffled faces were seen everywhere we went as they looked at those bushy eyebrows, mustache, and goatee. Very fun.




Sunday Liam was GREAT the entire day and let us concentrate on General Conference. We are so fortunate that he entertains himself so well. I was very happy to see him dig out some toys he hasn't touched in quite a few months too! Hello Lincoln Logs, puzzles, games, and what-not toys from every kids' meal he's ever had.

That evening after the last session of General Conference, Ian and Liam went on a drive up the canyon to Strawberry Reservoir to find some kokaknee fish and crawdads. Liam had such a great time and came home in a very agreeable and darling mood. As I lay down to snuggle him to sleep he told me he had missed me. So dang sweet!


This was one relaxed mama ready for Monday to come after a very indoor weekend of spiritual uplift and agreeable-ness with my boy!

1 comment:

Photo Girl said...

Isn't it funny how you feel like you're a better mom when your kids are agreeable? It helps when dad takes them off your hands for a few hours, too. :) Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, like you said. Wish mine was as relaxing as yours!