Friday, July 01, 2011

Indiana - Day Two

Friday morning we woke up and lazed around the house for a bit. Liam played with toys and watched cartoons and I took a little peek up into the attic. I was on a mission to find all my old journals - and possibly some of my dad's old journals too. I found a lot of other stuff and was running out of time before we needed to get around and go meet Kelley Tanner and her children in Carmel.

We met up at a splash park and even though it was an overcast day, the temperature was very warm. They had a lot of fun running around and snacking on our makeshift picnic in between. It was so nice to spend time with Kelley and see all her sweet children.





After a couple hours of splash park fun, we said our good-byes to our cute friends. Grandma then drove us to Color Me Mine there in Carmel. We thought it would be fun to go make some memories together with a few cool pottery projects!

Liam picked out a skull and cross bones plate and I did a matching pirate cup for him. Grandma made a plate with Liam's hand print.

Here are the final products after being glossed and baked in the kiln.
Next door to the pottery place were a few stores, so we did a little shopping at The Children's Place, a party store, and Pier 1. On the way home we stopped to pick out fireworks and buy a few as we looked forward to the holiday the following Monday. As soon as that spree was done, we hit the road back home and Liam fell asleep within a couple minutes.

He transferred well to the bed once we got back (it was about 6pm). I knew he'd probably wake up for a short time by 10pm at the latest.

Grandma and Grandpa stayed with my sleeping boy while I headed to the hospital to see my friend Ruth who just gave birth to a beautiful baby boy that morning! I was feeling pretty lucky as I held this sweet new person and also got to take his newborn photos. An added blessing was spending some quality time with Ruth and catching up on life! It was so great! (See more of baby Javier HERE.)

To my surprise when I got home close to 9pm, Liam was sitting with Grandpa in the recliner watching cartoons. I was so glad to see them so content. Then I suggested we walk over to the carnival since Liam was probably going to be up for awhile.

As we walked, Liam noticed fireflies all around him. He was so surprised to see they are real live things! I loved seeing his glee as he watched them flicker in the dark. We said we'd be sure to catch a few when we got back from the fair.

Once we arrived Liam wanted to go on every ride, but we only did the Tilt-a-Whirl and played a couple games. Then we waited in line for the classic fair food - elephant ears!!!! So yummy!

After a little swing in the park, we started walking home. It was so nice to spend that warm summer evening with my dad and Liam.


Alisha Erin said...

This is like 15 minutes from my house! I wish I'd known you were going to be here!!

Anonymous said...

What great memories!!! I'm so glad you 2 got to go and have time with friends and family! ~Jess

utmommy said...

I love elephant ears!!!