Monday, July 27, 2009

Cascade Springs

Thursday night I went to visit my friend Jennifer down the street. We got to talking and then all the sudden we were talking about hiking trails in Utah. She asked if we had been to Cascade Falls and I had never heard of it. She then invited me and Liam to take trip up there on Saturday morning.

Saturday came quickly. We picked Jennifer up at 9:30 and we were on our way. It was a gorgeous drive as we dodged cyclists on the canyon road. We heard one guy say "honk" when he barely missed our car on a curve. We pondered that and thought we should look into the "honk" concept further... is honking up a canyon the etiquette one uses when bikers are amiss?

Anyway, the hike, or so I thought, was more of a nature walk. There are springs of clear cool water on a plateau of the mountain and they trickle down into falls and then more pools. It was so beautiful and relaxing there. Liam insisted on being the leader and took us all around the loops and bridges.

I took a lot of photos. I couldn't help it. It was such a beautiful place.


Jennifer took some great pictures. One of which was of this amazing thistle.












After our walk through the cool boardwalk and trails, we decided it was time to play in the water and throw some rocks. It was a great time watching Liam enjoy his two favorite things.

12 comments:

Melynie said...

What gorgeous pictures! I love exploring areas like that. You are such a fun mommy.

the quirky one said...

Wow, that place looks like it was a great hike, and you really did get some great pics! I'll have to try it out sometime with our kids!

Suzanne said...

Ooh, Cascade Springs is the place I went on my very first date with my hubby! Such good memories! :)

It looks like you had so much fun. It's so pretty, isn't it? I heard that it burned up in the fire up there a few years ago so I'm glad to see pictures of it looking good again! :)

sumthinghappened said...

Fun! Just today I was telling my sister how I want to take my kids there while I am in Utah. The pictures were great!

adamrodkey said...

Re: the honk.
I'm not too sure on this. Obviously we have no mountains, so whatever the deal is there may not be a deal here. I will say that I can appreciate a quick little honk when being over taken by a car from behind (as opposed to a long anger hoooooonk!). But I'm not sure if you were coming around the cyclist or toward him as he was coming around a curve wide or something. Or maybe he is just a jerk.

RC - Rambling Along... said...

Every time I see one of your adventures posted, I start thinking about how we'll have to plan a vacation out west some day. Gorgeous!

Klin said...

I haven't been up there for years!!! I've been wanting to go for a hike with the kids somewhere and You have just reminded me of a great place to take them.

Thanks

Yvonne said...

This looks like a great place--maybe Allan and I will have to give it a try when we're in Utah this month. (Is it up near Timpanogos?)

Love all the pictures--they are so cute. The one of you and Liam is great.

Anissa said...

DJ and I went to Cascade Springs just a few short months after we were married. His parents had said it was a favorite place of theirs when they were newly married so we thought we'd try it out. Isn't is such a beautiful place?! I do hope that we are able to go there again someday. I'm glad you guys such a nice day.

Clare said...

what a beautiful hike!! i looked like liam really enjoyed it!

cpcox99 said...

I haven't been to Cascade Springs in years. It's so pretty. I'm glad you had so much fun!

www.stepherz.com said...

How gorgeous! If I could "walk" right now I would love to go somewhere like that. But waddling and whining would probably not work. I'd have all the predators within 25 miles coming around to get a piece of the injured animal. Lol!