Thursday, February 22, 2007

Kisses

Okay, so maybe I'll never get around to reporting on our trip to Idaho. We had a great time. Katie hosted a surprise party for Josh on Saturday night and that was the highlight and purpose of our trip. It was themed for Saturday Night Fever. I have to say Katie had the best 70's costume and I wish I had gotten a photo of her sexy self! Earlier in the day she and I went to the thrift store and she found me a great navy jumpsuit. I looked pretty goofy, but it was 70's all the way!

So the subject of this post is "kisses" for a reason. I picked Liam up from the sitter yesterday and he was being a booger... whining and then fighting me as I was putting him into his car seat. He continued to whine as we drove the 2 blocks home and then as I brought him into the house. I gave in and sat down to nurse him. He latched on and did that half-closed-roll-the-eyes thing, a sure sign he was in heaven at this point. After about 5 seconds, he let go and reached up to pucker his lips and give me a kiss. It was as if he was thanking me for giving him what he wanted. He got back into eating then another 5 second later he did the same thing! My heart melted and I kissed his little lips! Two kisses that were HIS idea was well worth the previous 20 minutes of whining and fighting.

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

Now that is totally precious!

OhTheJoys said...

Aw!!!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

OMG that is soooo soooo sweet!!
He is just adorable...

Matthew hasn't kissed me yet :-(

And...
I loved the 70's!!! The good ole days!

Jen said...

How adorable. What a sweet little guy!

Angel Baby said...

Ssssiiiiiiigggghhhhhhh.....

Good, good.

Funny how they sometimes know what we need.

D said...

So sweet! Kaden did that recently with hugs. I can't remember where we were but he was so happy to be there he just kept coming over and giving me hugs and then running away and playing again. I wish I could remember where we were....it is escaping me at the moment.

Miss Notesy said...

Those are the moments that make motherhood worth it. :-)