Thursday, February 22, 2007

Kisses

Okay, so maybe I'll never get around to reporting on our trip to Idaho. We had a great time. Katie hosted a surprise party for Josh on Saturday night and that was the highlight and purpose of our trip. It was themed for Saturday Night Fever. I have to say Katie had the best 70's costume and I wish I had gotten a photo of her sexy self! Earlier in the day she and I went to the thrift store and she found me a great navy jumpsuit. I looked pretty goofy, but it was 70's all the way!

So the subject of this post is "kisses" for a reason. I picked Liam up from the sitter yesterday and he was being a booger... whining and then fighting me as I was putting him into his car seat. He continued to whine as we drove the 2 blocks home and then as I brought him into the house. I gave in and sat down to nurse him. He latched on and did that half-closed-roll-the-eyes thing, a sure sign he was in heaven at this point. After about 5 seconds, he let go and reached up to pucker his lips and give me a kiss. It was as if he was thanking me for giving him what he wanted. He got back into eating then another 5 second later he did the same thing! My heart melted and I kissed his little lips! Two kisses that were HIS idea was well worth the previous 20 minutes of whining and fighting.

8 comments:

Rachelle said...

Now that is totally precious!

Katie said...

He's so sweet!

Oh, The Joys said...

Aw!!!

Terri said...

OMG that is soooo soooo sweet!!
He is just adorable...

Matthew hasn't kissed me yet :-(

And...
I loved the 70's!!! The good ole days!

Jen said...

How adorable. What a sweet little guy!

Angel Baby said...

Ssssiiiiiiigggghhhhhhh.....

Good, good.

Funny how they sometimes know what we need.

D said...

So sweet! Kaden did that recently with hugs. I can't remember where we were but he was so happy to be there he just kept coming over and giving me hugs and then running away and playing again. I wish I could remember where we were....it is escaping me at the moment.

The Wooden Porch said...

Those are the moments that make motherhood worth it. :-)