Monday, October 01, 2012

Night Riders

For awhile now I've wanted to take Liam on a bike ride to Wheeler Farm just up the street and around the corner from us.  I had a secret spot I wanted to show him from a photo shoot I did a couple months ago.  Today was the day... it had to be.  It was so warm and we weren't going to have very many more days of that.  So I got home, we ate dinner, Ian was sleepy and crashed, the sun was starting to set... but gosh dang it I wanted to go.  So we did.  Liam and me.  And it was so much fun!

He followed me every step of the way.  Along the sidewalks and busy street, even stopped to help someone with directions... entered the park, down the hill, speeding and slowing down, through the farm, past the animals, commented on those absurdly loud geese, over the bridge, onto the dirt pathways... and finally to the secret cove where the little mini cable bridge was.  Over the bridge and onto more pathways and... wouldn't you know it?  It was a good thing we made the trip after sundown.  Halloween lights all throughout the forestry areas and pathways. 



The only drawback... goat heads.  Yep, we were headed out of the park and both my tires became flat.  And my cell phone was dead.  And so... we walked our bikes home.  It was a great walk in the night with my conversational Liam.

No comments: