Friday, November 19, 2010

Friends in Town



My wonderful friend Danell brought her two children to Utah for a visit last week. She needed to get a big trip in before she has baby Claire next month. I used to go down to Arizona to visit her now and then before I had Liam... then she moved to Atlanta and we both had our first babies. We have talked on the phone about twice a week ever since. She is one of my closest friends even though we are so many miles apart.

We spent a fun weekend together. Here are some highlights.

Sammy was pretty dang shy at first.



We took the children to a local indoor amusement park. After riding rides for a bit, we took a lunch break at the delicious Marie Callendar's and then went back for more amusement.

The children had a lot of fun at Jungle Jim's in Midvale.









After a long day of fun, we got the bathing done and put the short people to bed. After they were really asleep, Danell and I went out to run a couple errands and enjoy some one-on-one time without children. We came home and logged onto hulu.com and played SNL skit after SNL skit and laughed our heads off! It was an awesome evening.

Sunday morning we went to church and then came home for a bite to eat. We went outside to get some photos of Sam and Emma.




Then it was time to say good-bye. It's not fun seeing one of your best friends and her well behaved children drive away. I hope after they get moved to Hawaii in February that we can start planning a trip to go see them!

My beautiful Danell in her 8 month pregnant glory!

2 comments:

Anissa said...

8 months? excuse me?

Danell said...

How did I miss this post???... I'm sorry I'm just now reading it. You are the best Gina. Makes me cry and want to get back on a plane to Utah. I wish the visit could have been longer. :( I miss you tons and had a blast seeing you again after so long. The kids keep asking when we are going back too. Love you guys!