Friday, July 20, 2012

Prayer

Liam has been very willing to say the family prayer when we’ve ask him this last week.  We used to get a lot of push back where he’d claim is was our turn, etc.   So his willingness is such a welcome change.

He had a particularly rough night Wednesday and we had to walk out of his room without saying prayers.  I went back to him a few minutes later when he calmed down.  I asked if he wanted me to say a prayer with him.  He said he already talked to Heavenly Father.  I told him I was proud of him for saying his own personal prayers and how great that was.

The next night I asked him what he had prayed about the previous night.  He said the regular things he says in his prayers, but also asked Heavenly Father to bless him to calm down and to help us to calm down.  He said, “When you came in to my room after that, I knew my prayer was answered.”

I say his faih is growing.  So very proud of him.

No comments: